Are you passionate about Accounting? And do you see yourself as part of a great team working in a competitive yet informal work environment?
Then we think you should go ahead and apply for the position as Accountant covering the Swedish business from Specsavers' support office in Gothenburg.What you'll do
As our new Accountant, you'll become part of a strong and caring Finance team consisting of 18 people in total. Together, with the Controlling and Payroll team, you represent our Shared Service Center (FAS, Finance and Analysis Services) with the main responsibility of serving our Specsavers stores. The FAS Accounting team consists of 4 other accountants and one accounting assistant.
Right now, we're in the exciting and challenging phase of taking the FAS to the next level by improving our deliveries towards our Store Partners, work with our internal processes, and develop as a team. To provide the best service possible, we work independently on the accountings for a selection of our retail stores in Sweden.
Here, your main tasks will be to:
- Oversee the daily bookkeeping and salary reconciliations for approximately 15 stores
- Support the financial department with monthly/yearly closing procedures
- Be part of the audit process
- Ensure registration and reporting of VAT
Who you are
- Manage the delivery of tax filing and payment by preparing files for payment and ensuring all taxes are paid properly and on time.
To take upon this role, it's good to have a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment. You should enjoy working independently and be confident in your capabilities to take responsibility for a selection of stores and be proactive in getting things done. Besides working independently, it's important to cherish the fellowship in our team and be able to work together, when it's required. As a supplement to these personal qualifications, you must also accommodate the following professional requirements:
What's in it for you?
- Highly skilled within accounting for ABs, K2 framework, VAT and Taxes
- Preferably experience from handling the bookkeeping for more companies (bookkeeping firm or similar)
- Experience from retail accounting is an advantage
- Experience from process improvements and efficiency projects is meritable
- Flexible mindset, a lot of things happening at once gives you energy
- Used to working independently and finding solutions to problems, but seeing the strength of being part of a team
- Proactive teamplayer who brings a can-do attitude and know-how into the team
- Likes to share knowledge with team-members – we grow and succeed as a team
- Hold great communication skills, both in verbal and written Swedish and English.
Specsavers is on a journey to make better eye- and hearing care accessible to everyone. We offer you an exciting and challenging everyday life and career in a company with success and ambition. As our new Accountant, you will work with dedicated employees, where we always keep an open and honest dialogue to show appreciation of each other and nurture our strong and unique family culture.
Your job is to make sure the accountings for aproximately 15 stores are handled and delivered correctly. In exchange, you'll be offered professional development opportunities, exciting challenges, and not least the following employee perks:
Is this you? Great!
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great development opportunities, where no two days will be the same in our changing matrix environment
- An informal, supportive, and fast-moving environment
- Great people, lots of laughs, regular birthday and Christmas treats, social events and much more
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye and hearing care.
We'd love to hear from you. To apply, send your application using the button below. We're on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply with your application letter and CV, and you'll hear from us soon.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you're welcome to contact Head of Finance in Sweden, Hanna Olson, at 0725-908080. Questions about the recruitment process go to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Northern Europe, Marianne Selch, at + 45 51 56 37 92.