Board Power Design at Lindholmen is responsible for research, development and maintenance of the board power solutions to the majority of the Ericsson Product Portfolio. We are a part of the Ericsson's global design organization and engaged in developing products for the present and future mobile networks. Right now, we are at a great journey to realize the next generation of mobile network – 5G Networks and beyond.
At our site we are five sections forming a competence center with responsibility to provide power solutions to the Ericsson organization. At Board Power Design, we are now looking for a passionate HW designer with a great interest in discrete power solutions and analogue power design.
You will be part of a dedicated team responsible for creating the discrete board power solution for Ericsson projects.
Typical work tasks include pre-studies, schematic design, PCB layout, on-board verification and support at board bring up in our factory. If you also have experience from AC/DC design that would be considered as an advantage.
You will also work in close cooperation with other power design areas and with global power system suppliers. You will interact with design disciplines across Ericsson, such as Radio and digital design, system design and building practices. Co-operation with global production sites and other design centers around the world is part of the daily work. We use the latest design and simulation tools in order to develop our world class products.
At Ericsson we keep track of new technology, methodology and design techniques, ensuring that our design activities are kept at a world class level. Our competence center is based on team work with experienced and dedicated individuals.You will
The job will include product development for Ericsson which includes:
- Board Power design (DC/DC converters, power architectures, POL converters, EMI filters)
- Design and evaluation of components, protection circuitry, supervision and control functions
- Pre-studies, schematic design and support and understanding of PCB layout design
- Testing and verification of power converters, -48V input stage, protection and supervision circuits
- Production support
- Act as mentor within technical areas
- Contribute to the strategic analysis of future design trends
As a person you take initiative and are willing to adopt new methods and techniques. You work well independently, but you are also a team player with good communication skills.
You have worked some years within the field and have:
Want to learn more
- MSc degree in electrical Power Engineering or Power Electronics
- Five or more years of experience from analogue power hardware design
- Skills in schematic, layout design and experience of work in laboratory environment (instruments, measurement techniques etc.)
- Experience from PCB design tools such as Cadence, Mentor graphics etc.
- Deep knowledge in DC/DC design and semiconductor devices.
- Knowledge in AC/DC area.
- Experience from power simulations
- Analytic and inquisitive mind
- Fluent in English
In this recruitment Ericsson collaborate with Sigma Recruit. If you would like to know more, contact the responsible recruitment consultant Kerstin Stener, firstname.lastname@example.org, 070-304 69 19 or Linda Samuelsson, email@example.com, 070-216 37 52. Welcome with your application on www.sigmarecruit.se/jobb. Selections and interviews will be held continuously, so please apply as soon as possible.