Lead Engineer - Mechanical Engineering
Do you want to be part of a dedicated, fun, and ambitious team, and at the same time contribute to changing the world for the better?
SeaTwirl develops a floating, vertical-axis wind turbine that is robust and designed for offshore use from start. SeaTwirl's wind turbine is easier to build, install and maintain than traditional offshore wind turbines. Floating wind turbines can be installed in deeper waters, further out at sea where the winds are stronger, more stable and more frequent.
In this position you will focus on the development of machine elements for the generator and its system components. You will move the work of technological development forward, and work closely with other technical areas.Responsibilities
You will take an active role in leading the project by working with the development and function of our unique solution.
- Product development from an early stage to producing detailed drawings
- Responsible for schedule and budget
- Contact with subcontractors and component owners, and negotiate contracts
- Coordinate the work with subcontractors
- Lead and follow up the work in the team
- Take part in, and influence future strategies for our solutions
You have the ability to work independently and have prior experience from a leading role. As a person, you are confident in your professional role, and have the ability to drive the team's work forward. You are committed to your work and have a great interest in the technology of the future in renewable energy solutions. Used to communicate with suppliers and subcontractors, to ensure the work.
- Master of Science in relevant field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a related field
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering, preferably with a focus on naval architecture, offshore and / or renewable energy
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Meritorious with good understanding and knowledge of the electrical field
For questions about the position, please contact recruitment consultant Malou Magnusson 0707 588745 or Mattias Lyckberg 0733 336080.We look forward to your application!About SeaTwirlSeaTwirl is a Swedish development company with the vision to become a global leader within floating offshore wind power. SeaTwirl's unique floating vertical-axis wind turbine is simple and robust with few moving parts. This suits the conditions at sea and minimizes the need for maintenance, which leads to fewer downtimes and more operating hours. Our first prototype was installed in the sea in 2015. Development is now taking place on the next full-scale unit of 1 MW installed turbine power.Find more about the company at www.seatwirl.com