In general, as a Supplier Quality Engineer for Supply Chain you will support the overall company goal to be at the forefront of technical development. To achieve this, you will work closely with other members of Supplier Quality Engineers at Sourcing & Production, both in Gothenburg and in Järfälla. Together with the team you will be able to shape the role to achieve future success.
In specific, as a Supplier Quality Engineer within Supply Chain, you will be a member of the Sourcing Commodity Group Systems within the Sourcing & Supply organisation at Surveillance, Gothenburg. The department workings with strategic and operative purchasing, supplier industrialisation and supplier quality. You will work closely in supplier teams and with other members of the department; such as engineering and quality management. Your work will consist of supplier quality, supplier development, supplier audits and handling of quality claims. A part of your assignment will be to handle supplier audits in both Sweden and internationally. This role consists of both strategical and operative parts and you are expected to contribute with your business interest and commitment that stretch beyond your work scope.
In your role, you are expected to contribute and be responsible for the following:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Manage supplier audit planning and perform activities such as; audits and qualifications of suppliers in order to ensure their ability to preform
- Manage the qualifying process and asses product quality and delivery capability at supplier’s production site
- Supplier performance activities across all functional teams within Surveillance, both on ongoing production programs as well as in supplier development programs
- Work proactive with risk mitigations and preventive actions in close cooperation with other departments and with our suppliers
- Identify and communicate relevant requirements within supply chain related operation and preparation of inbound processes; covering risk areas related to products quality and delivery capability
- Manage supplier deviations with strong focus on improvements by challenge and support suppliers in defining and implementing preventive actions
- Work on a global supplier market in close relation with suppliers
To succeed in this role, you have acumen one ore several of listed skillsets:
- An appropriate professional or postgraduate qualification/degree
- Supplier quality assurance skills or similar experience from any industrial company
- Strong business understanding, customer focus and skills to combine strategic thinking with operational actions
- Prior experience in managing internal or external projects as project leader or coordinator
- Easy to express yourself orally and written, both in Swedish and English
- Driver’s license (Type B)
- Prior experience in working in complex organisations and international environment is considered a merit
Furthermore, to be suitable for the role as Supplier Quality Engineer you have the ability to manage your own work and take initiatives, responsibility and ownership. You are used to work independently and towards set targets and goals. The work involves cooperation with many people, both internal and external stakeholders; it is important that you are communicative, perceptive and engaged to have good relations. You have the ability and interest in developing and challenge the organisation and to support cross-functional ways of working. Moreover, you are a driver for quality and in your work, you are structured and have an analytical mindset. The role requires that you are available to travel for on-site visits to suppliers.
Note: This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The company operates within the defence and security sector and is considered a world leader in their filed. The company is also an employer of people’s opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you as an employee are given great responsibility and good development opportunities. But also, a company that respects every person's need for a life outside of work.ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT:
This is a consulting assignment which means that you will initially be employed by Friday. The ambition is that the assignment will result in a permanent position at the client company after a duration of 6-12 months.START DATE:
Mid-January or beginning of February.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Employment type: Full time
- Location: Gothenburg
- Contac person: Linda Karnerfors, email@example.com
- Salary: Fixed monthly
Apply by clicking the link below. Remember to be quick with your application as we make continuous selection of candidates and the position can be filled before the application deadline is due.ABOUT FRIDAY:By being a partner to our candidates and clients, we strive to find the best match for you both. We achieve this by really getting to know our clients and candidate’s needs! Of course, we will ensure that requirements and skillsets match. But above all, we focus on the importance to find harmony between values and corporate culture which both candidate and client considers optimal. Our passion is to help people to the right position, workplace and context within the field of IT and Technology. That's why we founded Friday with the ambition to help you with the job that gives you the Friday feeling - every day!We mainly focusing on young engineers who are at the beginning of their careers or soon concluding college / university within the IT and Technology field.Our belief is that people reach their fullest potential when looking forward to going to work each morning. "Friday - everyday", how does that sound?Keywords: Quality, Supply Chain, Supplier, Logistic.