The RoleDiagnostic X-ray imaging is a very powerful technology, but it also brings risks. Therefore, it has to be quality assured (QA) on a regular basis. RTI develops and sells the most advanced hardware and software solutions for QA of diagnostics X-ray imaging. Our mission is to let people benefit from X-ray technology safely. We are seeking an R&D manager with experience in this field to lead our R&D activities.
As R&D manager you have the overall responsibilities of all R&D activities in the company. You have 10 direct line reports and also manage consultants in the team. As a R&D manager, you are responsible for planning and executing all new development and maintenance projects in the company. Product Management sets the requirements for R&D and you plan, execute and follow up the R&D activities. This includes manage projects and subproject managers, create and follow up project plans and budgets, and so on. You report to Vice President Solutions who reports to the CEO.Job description
Who you are
- Lead multi-discipline R&D organization/project (software, hardware, firmware, mechanical engineering, etc.) from requirements to launch and maintenance
- Deliver products and services within agreed scope, time and budget according to RTI's quality system and project model
- Work close to Product Management who sets the product and service requirements
- Collaborate with key account customers, understand their needs, manage expectations, handling customer feedback
- Coach and lead R&D staff to evolve and excel
- Recruitment of employees, manage consultants (professional services)
- Involved in qualifying and collaborating with strategic sub suppliers
- Involved in regulatory affairs (standards, regulations, etc.) and industry interest groups in X-ray
You should be an outstanding manager and team player alike, with strong leaderships skills and a passion for R&D and delivering high-quality solutions on time and budget. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You have about 10 years of experience of R&D and project management preferably in different sectors software, firmware, hardware, physics, and mechanical engineering. You also have experience from a management role in a line organization. Knowledge about diagnostic X-ray imaging, Medical Physics, and healthcare or test devices/solutions is considered meritorious. You have great interpersonal skills You hold a master's degree in Engineering, Physics, or similar. You are also fluent in English and Swedish (writing and speaking).
You believe in our core values: Responsibility, Teamwork, Initiative and Openness.
For further information, please contact Igor Glavan phone +46 701-765828About RTIRTI is a world-leading manufacturer of quality assurance (QA) solutions for diagnostic radiology. In 1981, RTI invented the first X-ray QA systems and since then, innovation has been at the heart of our corporate philosophy. Our comprehensive independent QA solutions allow medical physicists and service engineers across the world to ensure that X-ray units in all modalities are optimized and safe. RTI's X-Ray QA hardware and software are used by hospitals, manufacturers of X-ray equipment, service companies and government authorities worldwide, across all different modalities, including R/F, dental, CT, mammography, interventional and surgery (C-arms). With design, manufacturing and calibration services carried out in Sweden, RTI has sales offices in America, Asia and Europe and is represented by up to 100 distributors worldwide. For more information, visit www.rtigroup.com.