We are now looking for a talented In-Vitro role with cell biology expertise to join RIA Innovative Medicines at AstraZeneca Gothenburg. The 9-months consulting assignment will start as soon as possible. If you are interested, apply now! Warmly welcome to Poolia and AstraZeneca Gothenburg.The Arena
RIA Innovative Medicines within AZ is accountable for the discovery and the development of new drugs in the Respiratory arena. There are three main strategic areas - Lung Epithelium, Lung Immunity and Lung regeneration. In the lung regeneration area, our goal is to develop therapies to regenerate lungs for emphysematous and lung fibrosis patients. Our research is focused on molecular pathways which facilitate the lung regeneration. If it is successful, it will provide an entirely new treatment paradigm for COPD and IPF patients. In our department, we are accountable to deliver key in vitro assays in lung structural cells to support progress of projects in the portfolio with excellence in the respiratory arena.The role
This is an In-Vitro role with cell biology expertise who reports to a Team Leader in the Lung Regeneration Department and supports projects with in vitro assays and delivers key target validation data to projects. We are looking for an individual with a strong background and expertise in in vitro (structural cell) as well as a broad background in molecular biology, image analysis, preferably with histology skills. The successful candidate has a broad expertise in structural cell in vitro assays as well as a broad expertise in molecular biology technologies and image analysis. She/He independently designs and conducts experiments and analyses & evaluates the data. In addition, she/he presents the data at team and project team meetings.About you Minimum requirements
- A degree in Biomedicine or relevant discipline plus experience in structural cells and a broad molecular biology.
- Good knowledge in image analysis
- Statistical analysis of data.
- Experience in pharmaceutical R&D and academia.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. English is essential. Swedish is appreciated but is not a request.
Preferred experience and key factors
- Expertise in structural cells
- Knowledge and experience of molecular biology, such as ELISA and qPCR .
- Experience in image analysis
- Histology skills, such as immunohistochemistry and RNA-Scope
- Experience from pharmaceutical industry.
* Knowledge and experience in COPD and IPF.