Are you a dedicated and curious Stem Cell Scientist? Would you like to join us on our journey where your contributions will have a profound impact on R&D using the latest engineering techniques?
An exciting opportunity is now available for you to join our Stem & Primary Cell Team. We are part of the Discovery Sciences department, responsible for the generation of novel cellular models to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline. We have a focus on target identification, target validation, disease model generation and the therapeutic use of stem cells.
You will be based in Gothenburg Sweden, where your main focus will be set on culturing, genetically engineering and differentiating stem cells for cellular model development and their potential use as therapeutics.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the application at your earliest convenience. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Om tjänsten
Leveraging your strong knowledge and experience in stem cell biology and tissue culture you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge cellular models of disease. This includes culture of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) as a platform for differentiating to disease relevant cellular lineages relevant to the diseases and conditions that are the focus of research at AstraZeneca Gothenburg.
The role is focused on laboratory-based activities, applying your knowledge and skills to drive project delivery, participate actively in problem solving and, where relevant, deliver cross disciplinary support based on your experience. Your biggest impact will be through significant contributions to the practical delivery of projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility policies and relevant safety standards.
It is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. Good organisational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. English language is required, both spoken and in writing.Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
Vem är du?
- To culture iPSCs to generate cellular models of human disease biology
- To apply existing differentiation protocol, and where relevant contribute to development of new protocols, to deliver cells and cellular models for drug discovery activities.
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience in iPSC culture and quality control
- Application of differentiation protocols for generation of complex stem-cell based cell models
- Qualification and validation of cellular models using imaging techniques
- Molecular Biology and Cell line engineering
- For the Research Scientist role, you should hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree with corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline with experience in cell culture.
- For the Senior Research Scientist role, you should either hold a Ph.D. in Cellular Biology or a related degree or have significant relevant experience working in a cell culture environment.
AstraZeneca is a science-led, global biopharmaceutical company, with a focused portfolio in core therapies. We are committed to improving the health and lives of people across the globe, through our broad research and development platform, and a growing late-stage pipeline. Working in over 100 countries, we have strength in emerging markets, and our medicines are used by millions of patients and clinicians worldwide.