We have an exciting opportunity at Polestar for somebody who can work within a global, fast-paced and challenging start-up organisation, in the Public Relations and Communications team. The Polestar Public and Media Relations Manager will work with a relatively small team of Public Relations experts based in Gothenburg, Sweden, and also with regional teams in China and America.
We are looking for a seasoned PR professional or experienced journalist looking to transfer into Public Relations and Communications. Importantly, the successful candidate will more-than-likely come from outside the automotive industry. We have extensive automotive experience within the team, so are looking for somebody from the corporate, business, technology or lifestyle fields who can bring a different perspective and thinking to our work.
If this is you, we’d like to hear from you.What you will do:
Who are you?
- Plan, support and develop the global external media communication plan, priorities and key messaging, in conjunction with Strategic Communications.
- Create communication plans, Q&As, press releases for planned and ad-hoc activities, targeting relevant media groups.
- Act as a global media spokesperson for Polestar, especially focused on tier 1 globally-influential media, developing strong trusted working relationships with them.
- Provide external communication support to Polestar Executives.
- Management and development of media monitoring and evaluation, as well as crisis management and communication.
- Responsible for spokesperson training prior to media events to maximise coverage opportunities.
You will have a proven track record of delivering results in a senior PR and Communications role within a global technology, lifestyle, luxury or corporate / business brand, or an experienced journalist within the same sectors rather than automotive.
You will have experience working with, and managing, agencies, consultants and budgets. Networking with external stakeholders such as journalists and industry influencers is a vital prerequisite of the job, and a regular program of visits and international travel should be expected. Due to the nature of the job, you’ll be on-call 24 hours a day to deal with urgent communications issues.
You’ll be proactive, independent, and results-driven and with a teamwork spirit. As a communications professional, you possess exemplary oral, editing and written skills in English with a natural ability to align and work with other teams.
The role will report to the Global Head of Public Relations and Communications and work alongside the PR and Communications Managers for the EU, China and America as well as Strategic Communications. The role is based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Apply at jerrie.se with CV and CL not later than July 7 . Questions? Pls text or call Helene Hagman, Jerrie 0708-204704, firstname.lastname@example.org, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenehagman/