Project Manager Projects & Engineering
Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. Projects & Engineering is Nouryon's global project execution organization, governing the capital spend for large and complex investment projects across the company. The P&E function is located within the corporate integrated supply chain center and partners with our businesses and its 70 production sites. The P&E organization leads greenfield and brownfield chemical plant projects through all project phases from Front-End-Loading (FEL) through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC), commissioning and start-up. The work is governed through a robust toll gate based regime, securing desired progress and predictability. As a Project Manager you will manage and lead large and complex multidisciplinary projects on a global basis involving local and global engineering and construction subcontracts. In our organization you will further develop your talent and skillsets, aiding in continuously improving Nouryon's capability and operational excellence. We offer you countless career opportunities. We support personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working global environment.
What do you like most about your job?- With our role governing Nouryon's largest and most complex investment projects, we are provided with intimate insight to the overall company strategy, growth areas and investment in new assets and markets. It is truly inspiring having our organization as a central hub across sales, marketing, technology and production functions. Together we add value and bring Nouryon to the next level.
Your take on leadership?- I am driven by simplicity and transparency. Imperative to me is to secure our teams' commitment to the overall strategy and make everyone part of it, and able to influence the end result. I create opportunities for individuals to grow and succeed. I provide support when required and stand behind decisions. I am with our teams at the front line at times of difficulty, key decisions and compromises. What is it like to work as a project manager for Nouryon?- Our Project Managers are key to success. The investment projects we deliver are directly linked to the overall company growth strategy, market sales volumes and ultimate bottom-line results. We apply structured stage gated work processes to deliver our projects with predictability to agreed parameters for scope, cost, schedule, quality and safety. Why work at Nouryon?- We are a strong, reputable and profitable company with an impressive industry footprint. Nouryon maintain all this, but in a new and effective format. With the new ownership structure we release our full potential as a leading global chemicals company. Our market position within specialty chemicals is exceptional and we start our journey for growth now. Tell us about the team?- We are a small but effective corporate team applied across global locations. Our strength is to define, contract and govern large and complex chemical plant projects. We have a global mindset and are proud to have delivered many of Nouryon's 70 chemical plants all over the world. -Magnus Blohm, Asset & Project ManagementMain responsibilities
In this role you will have the overall responsibility for the project throughout all phases and will actively apply Nouryon's global project execution model through all phases, from Front-End-Loading, through detail design to construction, commissioning & start-up.
- Analyze and identify business needs, stakeholders and synergies to other projects and define projects scope and objectives
- Formulate the project plan, propose the most effective execution strategy incl engineering and construction sub-contracts, budget and required resources, clarify roles and responsibilities, and acquire senior management approvals
- Actively lead, monitor and control project progress through a multidisciplinary team with strong focus on predictability of safety, schedule, cost, risk & change.
- Provide predictability, transparent reporting, analysis and mitigation planning to the project steering team, functional management and key stakeholders
- Manage project close out, assessment of lessons learned, project documentation and hand-over to operations
- Bachelor's or higher degree in engineering or related disciplines
- Relevant and proven experience from multidisciplinary engineering and project environments, exposure to multiple locations, cultures and/or companies
- Experience working with engineering management systems and tools
- Extensive management profile with the ability to work in an inclusive way in the engineering and construction environments
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to follow through on commitments
- Holistic understanding of capital project development and how technology, execution, operations and project economy all play together
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of processes, policies and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including structured reporting and presentation of project parameters to key stakeholders
- Strong influencing, entrepreneurship, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
For further information, please contact recruitment consultant Josefine Petersson 0702-50 14 29 or Malou Magnusson 0707-58 87 45 at Intenso Teknikrekrytering.More about the NouryonNouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.Visit our website www.nouryon.comSökord: PM, Projektledare, affärsutvecklare, Lead engineer, processingenjör, kemiingenjör, Teknikområdeschef, TA, Teknikområdesansvarig, diciplinledare, Teknisk projektledare, TPM, Technical project manager.