Nouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.
Our Pulp and Performance business is now recruiting a manager for the Colloidal Silica Product Development Team in Bohus - an opportunity to work within an interesting, complex and fast-growing business with lots of possibilities and a wide range of products and applications. As the product development manager you are a member of the Colloidal Silica RD&I Management team, and take responsibility for the development and optimization of our products and applications. You will lead a team of seven people and report to the Colloidal Silica RD&I Manager.Main responsibilities
- Lead, coach and develop employees in the Product RD&I team
- Resource planning for the team
- Manage and participate in RD&I development activities/projects and ensure execution and delivery
- Keep up with internal and external research and development in the field of expertise
- Identify new scientific developments and trend, market needs and business opportunities and discuss new research/development opportunities
- Actively support and encourage new innovations in order to reach business targets
- Contribute to relevant protection of new innovation results when relevant in order to provide the company with new intellectual property
- Ensure expert competence and support regarding sustainability knowledge, trouble shouting and support in product chemistry and application knowledge
- Ensure that a cost budget for Product RD&I is set up and kept
Why join us?
- MSc or higher degree in chemistry/chemical engineering
- At least 5 years' relevant industrial experience
- Experience in product development
- Prefereably an understanding of IP related topics
- Strong ability to lead, engage and coach others
- Experience of leading a team as line manager or project manager
- Goal and results oriented with strong customer focus and ability to address customer needs and issues
- Strong organization skills and good ability to cooperate and communicate with different stakeholders
- Fluent in English
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the RD&I Manager Colloidal Silica and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Ylva Wildlock, RD&I Manager Colloidal Silica, +46 31 58 76 24.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 31 58 74 77.For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Emma Lundin +46 709 57 75 95
Unionen, Helene Rosenlund +46 31 58 77 28
Ledarna, Ronny Knutsson +46 31 58 73 44
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!More about the business
Our Pulp and Performance Chemicals business has long been supplying industries worldwide with quality ingredients which are essential for manufacturing thousands of everyday products. Working closely with our customers, we develop and deliver an extensive range of innovative technologies and sustainable solutions. In addition to operating safe and efficient production processes, we help our customers to become more competitive by showing them how to use fewer resources. Our pioneering portfolio includes bleaching chemicals and systems, colloidal silica solutions, expandable microspheres, and porous silica for purification of pharmaceuticals; things you aren't always aware of, but which you rely on each and every day. Our essential ingredients play a key role in manufacturing a wide range of products, including tissues, diapers, packaging, shoe soles, automotive coatings and sealants,paints and coatings, smartphones, wine corks, concrete, wallpaper, batteries, LED lamps, and pharmaceuticals. We work with industrial customers all over the world who count on our trusted and reliable brands, such as Eka, Expancel, Kromasil, and Levasil Colloidal Silica.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.