Nouryon is the new name of AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals. We have about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.
Our Legal Group safeguards the strategic objectives of the company's businesses and provides advice on legal issues in many dynamic markets and regions. The Legal Group in the Nordics is now further expanding and offers an exciting opening for a senior IP Counsel.
In this role you will handle matters with significant opportunity and exposure to Nouryon, and interact with senior business leadership. You will focus on the businesses operating in or out of the Nordics, but work in an international environment where we expect you to, at all times, give due consideration to the interests of Nouryon as a whole.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global organization and a large legal team of lawyers worldwide with much co-operation, interaction and knowledge-sharing. The legal team in the Nordics will consist of five persons including this role.Main responsibilities
- Draft, negotiate, finalize and manage intellectual property agreements, as well as commercial agreements with important IP components, for R&D and Technology in all business segments
- Develop and provide education and training seminars for business colleagues on contracting, dealing with proprietary know-how and intellectual property rights
- In collaboration with patent attorneys, seek guidance on the interplay between status of patent processes and agreements, and in what way IP is linked to the value propositions of the products sold and supports the competitive advantage in the market
- In collaboration with patent attorneys, p eriodically conduct IP due diligence of third party assets and communicate outcome to internal stakeholders
- Provide support on IP-agreement related matters to specialist legal colleagues in Compliance, M&A, Environmental and Employment law
Why join us?
- Legal Master Degree from an accredited law school and a b ackground within IP or chemical industry
- 7+ years of relevant working experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department in transactional role involving IP related agreements
- E xperience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of collaboration agreements (co-development with e.g. suppliers/customers), and relevant experience in commercial agreements and legal documents
- Understanding of R&D environment, manufacturing processes and operations is a plus
- Excellent legal knowledge; in particular contract law, sales law and corporate law
- Good understanding of IP law
- Ability to quickly understand business models and objectives, identify relevant issues, and translate those in appropriate IP/legal provisions
- Business-oriented and problem-solving attitude combined with a though appreciation towards legal complexity and risk
- Top level analytical, counselling, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced negotiator and facilitator with a s ound legal, ethical and commercial judgment
- Self-motivated with strong drive and ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent Swedish and English lan guage skills
- Willing to travel
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Director Legal Nordics and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Charlotte Björnsdotter Lundgren, Director Legal Nordics, +46 31 58 73 09 or +46 709 57 73 09.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 31 58 74 77.For unions related questions please contact:
Anna-Lena Palm, koncernrådsrepresentant, + 46 303-85 000 (vxl)
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.