About the role
Based in our fantastic office in central Gothenburg, the CTO represents the Scandinavian software development organization in the Scandinavian Executive management team.
We are on an exciting journey moving away from being a traditional software development company into an agile software service company. The CTO will be a key player in driving that change and make people feel engaged in that journey.
We are looking for a strong and trustworthy leader, who can inspire, guide and support our technical teams as well as business leaders.
In Scandinavia, the development organization consists of in total 45 persons, developers, product owners, scrum master, UI, managers, a chief architect and an agile leader. Besides that, we also have an internal off-shore partner consisting of 30 developers (60 in 2023) who works with us in our daily business.
The CTO will be responsible for gathering the Scandinavian software development organization (based in 4 offices in Sweden, Denmark and Norway) and ensure that the organization has the right set-up for the future. In close cooperation with Product Management and the business leaders, the aim is to make sure that the development teams can build qualitative and modern software solutions which are innovative and fits the needs of our customer.Roles & responsibilities
- You challenge, support and drive the on-going change, going from an on-premise solution into offering a cloud-based software service.
- You represent the development organization in the Scandinavian executive manage team. Within that context, you drive change and share your knowledge on what must be prioritized to maintain Wolters Kluwer's software products strong and competitive.
- You set concrete objectives together with each manager within your organization, and coach and supports everyone to fulfill their goals in a satisfying way.
- You monitor budget, resource planning and timing of different software initiatives.
- You build and maintain an environment for the software organization in which motivation, engagement and innovation can prosper.
- In collaboration with the architect and the development managers, you ensure that the architecture, the user interface, and the QA governance meet expectations.
- You ensure contract management with our internal offshore partners or external vendors who develop the software in collaboration with the local development teams.
- In close collaboration with the European cloud team, you aim to create an international platform for cloud applications.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid leadership experience from a software development context.
- Experience with modern development and agile methodologies, for example SAFE and Scrum.
- A strong leader who can motivate team members, and drives towards a dynamic and innovative working culture
- Excellent communication skills. We are looking for a good listener with a coaching and transparent way of leading.
- Ability to make fast and clear decisions when needed.
- Ability to collaborate with both business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to understand Wolters Kluwer's Tax & Accounting commercial strategy and to carry this out to both managers and employees.
- A strong customer focus
- A deep interest for modern software technology and the ability to present his or her knowledge about this in a pedagogical and an inspirational way to management team as well as development team members
- As a person, we believe your enthusiasm and expertise do easily inspire people around you and motivates your team in a successful manner
- Swedish and English fluently, both written and verbally.
In addition, the following would be highly desirable:
- A background in development of cloud solutions is a major plus as well as experience in leading and/or working with offshore development teams.
- Experience from working with developing a standard software.
What's in it for you?
- Basic knowledge of the market of tax and accounting is a plus.
As the CTO, you will be responsible for the entire Scandinavian software development organization, consisting of about 75 employees, several teams in India and a few local consultants. Your daily work will have a great impact on the way we develop our products, and in what way we deliver our products to the customers.
As an employee at Wolters Kluwer, you are the number one of the number ones. You are aware of the value you are delivering, the customers are aware of your value, the company is aware of your value and you have all reasons to be proud.
We are a team-oriented company and we support each other in delivering high quality services to our customers. We have a strong customer focus and a true passion for making the working days of our customers easier.
"Satisfied employees provide outstanding performance": a philosophy which Wolters Kluwer fully supports.
We offer an open and positive atmosphere, and we invest continuously in the growth and skills of our employees. We want every employee to know what is expected of them, and we raise and honor good results.Our offer
Working in a global and solid company but still have a major impact at the local business. Leading a dynamic and engaged multi-functional team. Being part of an exciting journey in an industry with big changes ahead. Competitive benefits and terms. You will work in a team of dedicated, professional, and nice colleagues.Want to learn more?
We are collaborating with Nexer Recruit regarding this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Patrik Jensen, email@example.com or +46 70 237 57 34 to learn more about the position. We are looking forward to hearing from you.