Kongsberg Automotive provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. With revenues of approx. EUR 1.1 billion and approximately 10.900 employees in 19 countries, Kongsberg Automotive is truly a global supplier. The company is headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland and has more than 25 production facilities worldwide. The product portfolio includes seat comfort systems, driver and motion control systems, fluid assemblies, and industrial driver interface products developed for global vehicle manufacturers.Do you have a strategic, analytical thinking and want to shape the development of a global acting automotive company? Making decisions, dealing with Senior Executives and exceptional people, sounds good to you? Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people. The position has a global responsibility that involves some travelling over several days to other Kongsberg Automotive sites.Vice President Purchasing Category Management (f/m/x)Turn passion in purposeThis position will be based in Gothenburg, Sweden and is reporting to EVP Purchasing.Responsibilities:
- Ensure alignment and delivery of the Category strategy and execution
- Ensure process discipline in all sourcing activities globally
- Ensure clarity of ownership of defined categories in order to drive improved business plans with our suppliers
- Lead the coordination of sourcing requirements with all Segment/BU project managers and optimize bundling opportunities
- Keep a holistic view on new and carry over business that shall be scrutinized, securing capacity, minimizing risk, with right sourcing decisions and securing alignment with the supplier(s) with longer term LTA's
- Enable the team's capabilities and knowledge of supplier base, processes, cost structures and markets so they can lead commercial negotiations and be the "one face" towards the supplier for optimal negotiation results and improving cost saving opportunities
- Proactively manage supplier and supplier chain risk coupled with improved supplier relationships
- Prepare overall saving budget to meet Segments / BU saving target, maintain forecast and fulfilment
- Ensure personal objectives for the team that are in line with the overall targets defined for the Purchasing function and KA
- Develop the right competencies within organization to deliver overall strategic objectives
- Educated to MSc degree level and/ or MBA
- +7 years of experience from similar leadership levels within category management and the automotive business
- Leadership skills, personal drive and confidence to lead and work with cross functional international teams
- Proactive personality and used to support the team, ensure continuous learning and strengthens the team's vision
- Uncompromising personal integrity
- Excellent analytical skills and strong intellectual curiosity that foster the ability to lead and work with cross functional international teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
We want your Integrity, your Accountability, your Teamwork your Creativity.
- Able to travel as needed both internationally and domestically (up to 20%)
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we are looking forward to receiving your application by registering your CV and motivation letter in English at our website: https://jobs.kongsbergautomotive.com/go/All-open-positions/777202 .
Kongsberg Automotive provides world-class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable.
In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... Welcome to your distinguished career at Kongsberg Automotive!
Find more information at www.kongsbergautomotive.com