Would you like to be part of a new team to develop the automotive business?
DFDS has successfully undergone major changes in recent years. DFDS is the consolidator in the shipping and logistics industry in Europe and has a strong record of acquiring businesses. The company has doubled in size over the last decade and continues to grow rapidly with the recent acquisition of UN RoRo (larger Mediterranean shipping company). DFDS is running at a rate with revenues of ~16 bDKK and EBITDA of ~3.6 bDKK.
As part of the DFDS Group's continued growth and development strategy, a new organization has been formed that will allow more focus on selected industries. The new Business Unit Automotive is the largest of the three industries and the BU has high ambitions on growth and is now developing the strategy team to form and execute the plan. BU Automotive has several exciting open positions and among them we seek an analytical and driven Business Strategy Consultant to join our team. The role will play an important part in the team to develop and increase the automotive business within DFDS.The Automotive strategy team
The strategy team in BU Automotive will be working with Business Development, Key Account Management, Business Strategy consulting and Tender Engineering covering a broad range of expertise and skills to drive the business forward and support our colleagues in the DFDS Group. In BU Automotive, also two operational companies are included besides the strategy team; namely Logistics Contracts and Logistics Services in Gothenburg, with a total of ~340 FTE:s. The role reports to Peter Tafazoli, Vice President and Head of BU Automotive, who is located in Gothenburg, Sweden.The position
Ambitious, hard-working and strong personal drive
- As Business Strategy Consultant, you will become an important member of the team to develop the business strategy within BU Automotive. Your focus will be to support the business with all tasks needed to develop and grow the strategy and implement to achieve success. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Project planning and management
- Data gathering and analysis to present business cases
- Implementation of solutions and best practices
- Produce presentations and other needed material
- Involve and coordinate with stakeholders
- Support the team in different strategic initiatives and projects within both Logistics Contract and Logistics Services. Your role as Business Strategy Consultant will vary. In some projects you will be responsible for driving the project forward, whilst in others you will be part of a work group; analyzing issues and implementing solutions. There are no direct reports in this role.
We expect you to have a university degree in relevant field. The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience from similar role, preferable from a management consulting firm or from a similar position in another large, international company, and ideally experience as a project manager. Work experience within supply chain is something we see as beneficial but most importantly you have a good sense of project management, strong problem solving and analytical skills and excellent communication skills. English is a prerequisite.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong personal drive and a proven track record for delivering results. The job is based in Gothenburg but travelling in periods to DFDS's other locations around Europe must be expected.Unique opportunity to get solid business experience and a high-speed career
You will be part of a growing and dynamic company, who is leading in its area. In this position you will get to learn, explore and develop. The position is a steppingstone to a further career within DFDS. To develop tomorrow's leaders is a key part of the strategy for DFDS.Interested?
If you have questions to the position please contact Peter Tafazoli, Vice President Automotive, at email@example.com. All applications will be treated in confidence.