Cerner is a global leader in the development and deployment of software based solutions that support clinicians and healthcare professionals in the delivery of healthcare within hospitals and healthcare organisations worldwide. Access to these solutions is provided through Cerner managed data centre hosting offerings or in many cases, clients taking on hosting responsibilities utilising their own data centre facilities.
With the recent growth of the Cerner's business in Sweden, we are looking for an Interface Engineer to join an exciting project across Region Västra Götaland (VGR) for an integrated digital healthcare environment, replacing many existing IT systems in hospitals and primary care facilities for a comprehensive solution. The new system includes a service to manage the health of the regions 1.6 million citizens and a modern digital care system that allows for increased patient participation, safer patient experience and improved work environment for healthcare professionals.
As an Interface Engineer, you will be responsible for the build and testing of interface implementation. The Interface Engineer works closely with an Interface Architect to coordinate interface design and implementation activities.
The role is very much client facing and you'll be working closely with programme managers and solution architects, internal to Cerner and at the client end.
The position will be based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
As an interface Engineer your key activities will be:
- Troubleshoot and resolve system interface issues
- Install Cerner interfaces
- Configure Cerner interfaces
- Perform data migration and/or conversion programs
- Support interface testing during the life cycle of the project
- Test data migration and/or conversion programs
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience with database architecture including SQL query construction and execution
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux command line