Do you want to be part of developing a leading children's education company? To join an entrepreneurial adventure, building a company together as a team and creating products which will help our next generation?We are looking for a Head of Technology to join us on our journey here at Albert. Someone who can be the glue, technical strategist and tech leader in our amazing products!Could that someone be you?
Our teams are highly autonomous, where team leaders, UX/UI designers, animators, illustrators, developers, pedagogues, and insight analysts work closely together in all phases from idea to post-release analysis. With support from the Engineering manager and tech leads, your role will be to lead and support the teams, both in reaching their short-term and long-term goals.
As Head of Tech, you will hold the responsibility to grow & nurture both technology and people. You will report to the COO / Head of B2C and be part of the B2C management team together with colleagues from e.g. Marketing and Product.
The company has four products today serving different purposes:
- Jaramba app for preschoolers 1-4
- Albert Junior app for children ages 4-7
- Albert Teen app for children 10-16
- Websites (www.hejalbert.se) for marketing, parent portal, IR, and career
Our Tech Stack
- Be the translator from business to technology and technology to business
- Own and develop the architecture including security, monitoring, scalability, performance, and synergies across different products
- Be responsible for tech in partner and M&A dialogues, conduct technical due diligences, and lead integration work post-transaction
- Be responsible for hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Create a relation based purely on mutual trust with the team members. Conduct regular 1:1s to keep fostering this relation, develop our employees and drive performance.
- Use your experience to support the team hands-on when they need assistance
- Make sure teams are continuously evolving their usage of TDD, Clean Code, and code reviewing/pair-programming
- Empower teams to make technical decisions and aid them to take ownership of those decisions
- Help the teams in defining the right scope with data-driven development
- Guide, inspire and develop key roles, such as engineering manager and tech leads
We work in a hybrid setup at the office and would like for you to be in at the office a couple of times per week.
- Unity, React Native, React, and TypeScript on the web and in our apps
- Firebase, node.js, and Google Cloud Platform on the backend
- MixPanel and Big Query for analytics and data
Nice to have
- Experienced servant-leader that has a genuine wish to inspire and grow the people around her/him
- Strong architectural or system design skills in order to be able to facilitate technical discussions and decisions
- Minimum 5 years experience from building and leading development teams working in agile processes
- Experience from growing development organization (size 30-100)
- Experienced in working with remote team and mix of in-house & external teams
- Great cross-functional collaborator e.g. with people in design, product, and marketing
- Been part of a growth journey in tech start-up in a similar role (CTO, head of tech, development manager, tech lead)
- Experienced in hypothesis driven development (growth mindset / data-driven development)
- Experienced in game development in general, and Unity in particular