The Supply Chain Planning function is in an exciting phase with further developments within Planning. We are now looking for a new talent to further strengthen the focus on continuous improvements, drive change and increase efficiencies within MPY.What you will do?
Within the Material Planning function we are responsible for the purchasing of all Product Related materials in the organization. Our scope is a wide range of materials from a global supplier base. The core purpose of this role is to manage and optimize the raw and packaging material planning and to minimize supply chain costs within operational constraints. This requires a very high level of understanding of the tradeoffs between service, stock and ordering costs, while managing all main planning parameters as well as site and supplier constraints. In the role as Material Planner you main responsibility is to ensure material availability to the factory. This will involve the following tasks:
- Effective use of MRP and PO process
- Communicating between internal teams and suppliers
- Handling raw material and packaging esport between AkzoNobel sites
- Input into inventory strategy by supporting new introductiona and product phase outs
- Montior KPIs related to stock, OWC, SLOB and drive improvements
This position will be located on our site in Angered and you will report directly to the MPY Material Planning Manager who is based in UK.Who you are?
We believe that you are a person with strong ambition to succeed, have a continuous imporovement mindset and looking to develop your skills in a fast-paced environment. You are a team player with excellent communication and analytical skills. You have the ability to multi task and priroitise well and can easiely handel days with extra work load with ease, always with a problem-solving mindset. The following outlines the requirements necessary for this role:
Why should you work at AkzoNobel?
- University degree in Business, Logistics or Science or equivalent, and/or at least two years of international experience procurement and/or planning within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of warehouse flows, stock principles, and the ways in which these and related activities can be improved.
- Some financial understanding and experience is an advantage, as is knowledge of paint manufacturing processes, products, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of SAP and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluent written and spoken English & Swedish, other languages would be advantageous
At AkzoNobel we offer a warm and inclusive atmosphere where we work together as one to reach our goal of being the reference in color and protection. With focus on diversity and innovation we actively work with our co-workers for you to thrive and continuously develop. This is also the basis to why we were appointed one of Sweden's Career companies 2021. We offer you an international environment where you will take on rewarding and challenging projects that will broaden your senses and challenge you. You will work with competent and like-minded colleagues whom share your attitude and enthusiasm. Welcome to us!Your application
We welcome people from all different backgrounds who see sustainability, safety and innovation as important principles. If you have a passion for paint, then take the step and submit your application already today for your chance to work together with us!
This is a permanent position on a full time basis.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Emma McMeekin, MPY Material Planning Manager, +44 7765743146