We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. That's why everything we do starts with People. Planet. Paint. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Nordsjö and Sikkens – is trusted by customers around the globe. We're active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from a pioneering paints company that's committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
At International Färg´s production site in Angered outside of Gothenburg we manufacture global world leading protective coatings for bridges, wind turbines, sport arenas and more under the brand International. International Färg has since 1998 been a part of AkzoNobel. At the site you will also find sales and marketing offices for our three business segments: Marine & Protective, Yacht Coatings and Powder Coatings for the Nordic region. We are about 150 proud employees, together we represent a wide variety of nationalities, working together to make the world more colorful.Do you want to help us ensure a high quality of our colors and you also have an interest in chemistry, paint and quality methods? Then you can be our new Lab Engineer! What can AkzoNobel offer you?
At AkzoNobel you are met by a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We work together with a focus on innovation and sustainability, to be the leader in our industry. Diversity enriches our workplaces and we work actively together with our employees to make them thrive and develop. We work strategically to become a better employer. This has resulted in that we have been appointed one of Sweden's Karriärföretag and received Top Employer certification 2022. We offer you an international working environment where you take on rewarding and challenging tasks that broaden your horizon and develop you in your role. You will work with competent and like-minded colleagues who share your attitude and enthusiasm. Welcome!What will you do?
As a Lab Engineer you will work at Lab & Quality department with the factory and the QC control group with manufacturing, formulations, daily problem solving and long-term structured improvement work. It is necessary to be communicative and flexible in eventually learning all the existing areas of work in the department. Lab & Quality is working with supporting the factory and the business with different daily tasks and long-term improvements within quality.Your main work involves:
- You start learning the job bit by bit, both as lab engineer but also how the work is done in the QC control group, to get the right understanding of our products, how they work and what problems that may arise to get a good understanding of the job. It is done by testing the products and how to identify if the paint does not meet the specified requirements and how to handle in-spec and off-spec production.
- You will learn how to manage the manufacturing control system SAP Saturn.
- Whence introduced you will work with formulation maintenance, test instructions and raw material managing for the products.
- You work closely with our production to identify production problems with products and product groups and to find improvements and solutions to these problems using statistical methods in Excel, Minitab and other digitalized computer systems.
- You will become support for QC group regarding test equipment, test methods and calibration instructions.
- Participates in audits of production, products and lab routines.
- Participates in the laboratory's and the company's improvement work and work with health and safety, quality, 5S, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodology.
Lab Engineers group working hours are ordinary office hours (8.00-16.30 flexing hours). You will report to Quality Manager and be located on Akzo Nobel's site in Gunnilse/Angered.Who are you?
To be successful in the role of Lab Engineer, you need to be analytical, thorough, have a good understanding of the flow of work processes as well as a good communication and collaboration skills. You be both involved in and lead improvement projects together with colleagues, production staff and staff from other AkzoNobel units in Europe. As a person, you always strive for improvement and you are used to acting as a problem solver. We work a lot with different computer systems, so a good ability to learn and use these is a requirement.
- Education in chemistry, chemical engineering or similar, levels up to Bachelor.
- Experience in chemical-technical manufacturing.
- Fluent English and good knowledge of Swedish, in both speech and writing.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement.
We welcome people from all different backgrounds who see sustainability, security and privacy as important principles. If you have a passion for color, then take the step and submit your application today for your chance to work with us!
We use ongoing selection, and the position may be filled before the application deadline.
For further information about the service, please contact Anne Uhrgård, Quality Manager, +46 31 928 625 or +46 722 249 964.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Ami Sandberg, Talent Acquisition Partner, +46 730 33 69 62.