Are you a proactive production engineer with good people management skills, looking for a role within production where you can develop both as an engineer and manager?
We are now hiring a Production Manager & Engineer for our Pure Alkali production organization Fine Chemicals. You will have a key role at the plant and have the opportunity to be part of a team of 5 people. The focus lies on high quality and technical competence. The position includes being quality owner of both process and product. You will also have responsibility for many different processes within production and supply chain. When necessary you will be the substitute for the plant manager and the "go to person" within many different areas. Main responsibilities
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- The production manager and engineer is responsible for a lot of different areas and will do both strategic and operational work.
- Lead daily work of shift & daytime operators.
- Process owner of asset utilization and process efficiency management (AUM & PEM), operational reliability management (ORM) and operation asset management (OAM).
- The role also includes being the plant responsible engineer (PRE)
- Owner of product and process quality.
- Substitute for plant manager when necessary.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- MSc/BSc in Chemical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years' experience from process industry.
- Experience from chemical process industry.
- People Management experience.
- Good knowledge about health and safety work environment and HSE regulations.
- Good knowledge in Swedish and English, both written and verbal.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Plant Manager, Fine Chemicals and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Fredrik Gerlin, Plant Manager, Fine Chemicals, +46709 57 74 39.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46709 57 76 45.For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben Luba Nilsson +46 31 58 75 09
Unionen Helene Rosenlund +46 31 58 77 28
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.