As Global Manufacturing Execution System Expert you will work with all of our sites around the world. Every site is unique in terms of people, knowledge, production equipment and customer dynamics. The objective of the role is to provide hands on support and expertise enabling sites to leverage the MES platform and to continuously improve plant operations. The three key attributes of the role are: MES Expertise, Business acumen and Root cause problem solving.
We offer an interesting, challenging and fun work environment in which you work closely together with 5 highly skilled and seasoned professionals located in US and Sweden. You will together as a team deliver true value and excellence at our manufacturing sites across the globe. You will get the opportunity to develop your talents and skills and contribute to digitalization and continuously improvement of our organization. Main responsibilities
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Improve data accuracy - Drive data accuracy and ensure data capturing is consistent across sites.
- Improve standardization - Support sites to operate in a unified way by the adoption of best practices.
- Support manufacturing excellence - Provide MES expertise and hands on support to manufacturing excellence programs.
- Support digitization - Support digitization projects in the manufacturing domain such as advance process control, machine learning etc.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- University Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar expertise acquired through work experience.
- Large amount of understanding in manufacturing operation principles. The ability to understand and facilitate functional discussions around business processes and systems, and how it translates into meaningful production systems is important.
- Experience in MES support or direct manufacturing IT.
- Detail orientation with a strong drive to enforce common standards. Preferable multi-cultural skills.
- Preferably experience from SAP or similar ERP system interaction.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Process Excellence Manager and based in Bohus. Substantial travelling is required.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Olof Eriksson, Process Excellence Manager, +46 709 57 72 55.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 709 57 76 45.For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben Emma Lundin +46 709 57 75 95
Unionen Helene Rosenlund +46 31 58 77 28
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals is a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, paper chemicals, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We provide innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a large variety of industrial applications. Our 2,400 employees operate in 35 countries. Pulp and Performance Chemicals forms a business unit within AkzoNobel, which is the world's largest paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.