AkzoNobel Salt Specialties has an immediate opening for a Commercial Manager who will be responsible for the North Europe and Baltics region.
As the Commercial Manager, your goal will be to improve Salt Specialties' market position in the region. You will manage and develop the local sales team of 7 people, and develop distributor management in the region. As a member of the Commercial Management Team, you will share responsibility for the realization of its overall targets and contribute to sales and marketing related projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales & marketing professional. Managing an important and large part of the business, you will have great opportunities to influence and make an impact. You will work in a truly international environment with lot of freedom to operate and possibilities to grow further within the company.Main responsibilities
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Create strategy and ensure realization of sales for the assigned key accounts in line with strategy/budget.
- Build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Achieve sales results and business growth versus an annual plan from the established customer base.
- Define opportunities for new business as part of detailed account planning and sales forecasting.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to sales managers.
- Conduct and co-ordinate contract negotiations with main customers.
- Coordinate, support and manage the area sales staff and ensure the net revenue and contribution margin will be realized according to budget.
- Translate Salt Specialties' targets and sales strategies into detailed area sales strategies, actions, targets and budgets.
- Analyze sales results and prepare input for rolling forecasts. Undertake timely actions to optimize area performance.
- Give input from Sales Europe to the central marketing planning and develop a sales plan for the area based on the approved marketing plan. Communicate Sales Plan to vital functions and ensure implementation of the operational sales plans with the area sales staff.
- Ensure sales-account management according to service level agreements with customers.
- Engage and challenge sales team to meet objectives. Create an environment and organizational structure enabling staff to realize and exceed agreed results.
- Draw up and realize career, training and development plans. Coach personnel and asses performances.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- Master's degree within technical or commercial area
- Higher education in Business Management would be an advantage
- At least 10 years' experience in sales & marketing
- Marketing and sales experience in the North European and Baltic market is a plus
- Preferably experience from B2B environment and working in a large, international company
- Excellent commercial awareness, strong financial and business acumen
- Strong in developing new business
- Highly effective negotiation and communication skills
- Self-starter, good problem analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to connect and build relations with internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication in English and Swedish or other Scandinavian language
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Global Sales Manager Salt Specialties and based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Khadija Nadi, Global Sales Manager Salt Specialties, +31 611 308 703.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 31 587 477.
If you have general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We look forward to your application!
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.