Are you an accounting professional with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting? Do you enjoy the challenge of analyzing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure?
The Specialty Chemicals Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise department provides accounting and financial reporting support to the Business units as well as to specific functions (such as Treasury, Tax, Legal, Pensions). Currently, we have a vacancy for an Accounting business partner for the business unit Pulp & Performance Chemicals to support its management team in the area of accounting and reporting. The role as Accounting Business Partner is crucial in the set-up of the global accounting organization of the Specialty Chemicals Group and contributes to reliable and accurate monthly reporting of the business units. As accounting Business Partner you will have an important role with the possibility to influence and develop processes, guidelines and people. Main responsibilities
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Act as Accounting Business Partner for the business unit Pulp & Performance Chemicals and its management team.
- Create, implement and maintain accounting and reporting guidelines or procedures for the Specialty Chemicals Group.
- In depth review of quality and content of the business unit balance sheet and statement of income from an IFRS accounting point of view. Work together with the Regional Accounting Centers and local controllers to ensure a healthy financial position.
- Ensure and drive timely, adequate and reliable monthly financial closing process for the business unit.
- Act as IFRS accounting expert and business partner towards centrally organized functions (e.g. treasury, tax etc.) and act as company-wide expert on specific topics.
What can AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals offer you?
- Accounting professional with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure.
- A master degree in Finance, with focus on accounting.
- Good analytical skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- SAP/HFM knowledge preferred, or at least not afraid to learn the basics of systems and hands-on mentality.
- Adequate communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Manager Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Albert Hoekman, Manager Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise, +31 621 14 35 12.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 709 57 76 45.For unions related questions please contact:
Akademikerklubben Luba Nilsson +46 31 58 75 09
Unionen Helene Rosenlund +46 31 58 77 28
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals is a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We provide innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a large variety of industrial applications. Our 1,960 employees operate in 33 countries. Pulp and Performance Chemicals forms a business unit within AkzoNobel, which is the world's largest paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.