AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.Description
Do you have an impressive track record as a Personal Assistant (PA), outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effortlessly? This is an opportunity to take on a challenging and varied role in as a PA to a Vice President (VP). We are looking for someone with high standards, enthusiasm, and a passion for learning, together with excellent communication skills, a proactive approach and the confidence to act independently.
The PA will report to the Business Support Manager, Strategic Planning and Operations (SPO) in Early Clinical Development (ECD) and will be supporting a VP and their senior leaders.
Strategic Planning and Operations is a critical department responsible for managing a wide range of "Manage the Business" activities on behalf of the Early Clinical Development. Strategic Planning and Operations provides enablement support for ECD along with aggregating all head count tracking, timecard data and performance information including the internal scorecard.
ECD is a dedicated clinical scientific resource for AstraZeneca´s early development portfolio, which provides a translational medicine capability to rapidly understand the disease target and the potential of our candidate drugs in humans. We enable translational medicine by: human target validation earlier in research, optimisation of the clinical trial process, integration of multiple, relevant data sources to better inform investment decisions, and timely scientific insights gathered and shared more broadly across AstraZeneca. We work in close collaboration with early development project team colleagues and relevant external experts to develop biomarkers and new methodologies, to plan, conduct and report clinical studies from healthy volunteers to Phase IIb.Main duties and responsibilities
Working globally across different time zones, your focus will be on providing pre-emptive PA support to the VP and broader support to departments and leadership team. This includes representing the VP in communication/ responses to different stakeholders, scheduling meetings, coordination of team meetings and events and maintaining documentation.Activities include:
- Email management for VP - schedule appointments, flag priority actions and answer or redirect queries
- Responding on behalf of the VP to a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs
- Proactive management of VP´s schedule including prioritising and safeguarding of time
- Extensive travel arrangements, consisting of booking flights, hotels, taxis etc. (preparing travel packs / itineraries as required)
- Organising internal/ external meetings including room bookings, catering, set up of conference calls
- Supporting in preparation of presentation materials and information for the VP
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes and other relevant documentation, as necessary
- Collating and processing of expense claims
- Provides wider administrative support to departments via global shared mailbox
- Supporting the organisation and set up of department and function wide initiatives and events
- Proven experience as a senior PA to Senior Director/ Vice President
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Swedish and English
- A professional and proactive approach, with the ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously and effectively
- Demonstrate attention to detail, working to consistently deliver to a high standard
- Strong organisational, forward-planning and stakeholder management skills
- Solid relationship-building skills to develop networks both within the company and externally
- Good business awareness with sensitivity to highly confidential information
- Track record of handling and resolving challenges quickly and efficiently, with flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office web-based programmes
About the employment
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or clinical environment
- Experience of working in a global organisation; with the ability to work across boundaries, different cultures and time zones
- Champion of efficient and effective processes
- Professional administrative qualification
The assignment as Personal Assistant is a consultative assignment with an appointment immediately.
The assignment is for 6 months. As a consultant, you will get an employment in Adecco Sweden.
We have collective agreements. We want you to feel good and we offer healthcare benefits, discount on training cards, etc. In order to make you feel safe, you are also covered by insurance and occupational healthcare.
The Adecco Group is the world´s leading provider of HR solutions. With more than 32,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches, in over 60 countries and territories around the world, we offer a wide variety of services, connecting around 700,000 associates with our clients every day.
The services we offer fall into the broad categories of temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group is based in Zurich-Glattbrugg, Switzerland and we are a Fortune Global 500 company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Adecco was created in 1996, following the merger of Adia (Switzerland) and Ecco (France), two leading personnel service firms with complementary geographical profiles.
Read more at www.adecco.comAbout the application
The assignment will be filled immediately and we are therefore recruiting continuously during the application period. Please enclose your CV and personal letter and apply the "Ansök/Apply" button. Your application must be in English.
1. The first step in our recruitment processes is a personality test (MAP) that is sent to your mail after the recruiter has reviewed your application. Adecco uses tests as part of the process in order to make as quality assured and fair assessment as possible.
2. Responsible recruiter will then continuously review submitted applications and make a first selection.
3. If you are one of those who gets to the next step of the process, you will be contacted for a telephone interview. Those who continue after telephone interview will be given the opportunity to come to Adecco and meet the responsible recruiter for a personal interview.
Please note that in some of our processes we also use video interviews, more tests and other assessment techniques. If this is the case, you will be informed about this in the process.Contact details
If you have questions about the assignment or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact responsible recruiter:
Hassti Shahidi via 0736-847125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Adecco´s Candidate Support: email@example.com alt. via tel: 08 - 598 980 10.Welcome with your application!