Polestar is the new electric performance brand of Volvo Cars. Here at Polestar, the product is at the center of everything we do and we are obsessed with refining everything, whether it be a chassis component, a carbon fiber solution or typography. Everything at Polestar is created with this same uncompromising attention to detail.
Now, were looking for the next star in a Senior Buyer of Electrical and Electronic and Software. In the role as Buyer you will collaborate with group platforms and develop the supplier base to meet cost, quality and on time delivery, and develop new suppliers to meet project objectives. Is this your next chapter? Apply today!Information om uppdraget
Polestar deliver cars in various European countries.You get:
- A position in an international organization
- The possibility to work with an exciting and innovative product
- The possibility to become an important part of the Polestar-movement.
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more about our offer.Arbetsuppgifter
Collaborate with group platforms and develop the supplier base to meet cost, quality and on time delivery, and develop new suppliers to meet project objectives
Strive for cost savings opportunities and global purchasing KPIs in line with company
Develop global sourcing strategy for dedicated commodities and maximize the localization in China
Collaborate with project team and ensure procurement deliveries according to project requirements
Design, optimization and adaptations of the sourcing process based on the current performance, stakeholder needs and overall business objective
Collaborate with group company purchasing team, team up cross functions and align strategical action plans
Proactively drive Polestar to reach Quality, Cost and Delivery demands in respective projects and lessons learnedVi söker dig som
- Proven experience in a similar purchasing position within the automotive bransch. Previous experience of working with Volvo Cars/other Geely companies or Volvo AB is a strong advantage.
- Thorough understanding of the procurement process and strategic sourcing.
- BSc (or higher) in Economics or Technical discipline from a university degree or equivalent institution
- Experience of working in multi-cultural and cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal communication skills
- English language fluently is mandatory
- Multi-language is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages; working knowledge of Volvo SRM software and/or Workdays is a strong advantage.
- Preferred strong knowledge of vehicle components of EE&SW (Electrical and Electronic
As a person you have:
- An ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high driving spirit
- A smart and nimble mind-set, with efficient working performance
- A positive and passionate, nothing is impossible mind-set, good team player
- Start: Immediate
- Work extent: Full time, Long term
- Location: Torslanda, Göteborg
- Salary: Hourly monthly salary (Timbaserad månadslön)
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Polestar that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.