Stainless Steel Yachts offers a key role on a team with a strong vision for the future and growth. Stainless Steel Yachts strive to be the best employer. We are now looking for a highly skilled design engineer.
About the role:
- With concept models as input, you will be responsible for designing manufacturable parts and assemblies, mainly in sheet metal and marine interior materials, to fulfill its function on the vessel.
- You will deliver technical documentation such as drawings and cutting files to both suppliers and our production team.
- You should be comfortable with an iterative design and development process.
- To optimize our products, you are required to contribute to a dialog with the designer, F.E.M. engineer, and production team.
- You will be a part of a project-oriented team focusing on product development of the finest marine vessels one can imagine.
- You will report to the design manager, who assigns the areas of responsibility for the designated project.
- The offices are based in Gävle and Stockholm, Sweden, where you choose one of them as your base, with availability for remote work. With team members in Newport Beach, California, virtual communication with the Newport Beach team is required.
- The company language is English.
We think you are a fit if:
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, or equivalent.
- Have extensive experience with CAD software, preferably Creo.
- Have experience with sheet metal design and manufacturing.
- Have experience with marine vessel production.
- Takes great responsibility in the end-to-end product chain.
- Excited to engage in a wide range of challenges with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Optimistic mindset, striving towards our common company goal to deliver world-leading products.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and growing business.
- May or may not be required a security clearance.