THIS POSITION IS BASED IN THE GÄVLE/SANDVIKEN REGION.
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Senior Electrical Engineer
, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Global Datacenter Critical Environment Team!ResponsibilitiesAs a successful Critical Environment Electrical Engineer your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Understand the design and functionality of your datacenter
- Support 24x7x365 on-site datacenters operations and electrical infrastructure
- Act as the technical authority for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical electrical system, design, and functionality
- Establish and coordinate maintenance and safety procedures, maintaining highly redundant electrical designs
- Managing the electrical infrastructures throughout datacenter campus ranging from a single large capacity facility, to several smaller ones
- College/university/professional degree in Electrical, Industrial, Process Engineering, or related work experience
- 10+ years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in mission critical facilities and electrical infrastructures
- Fundamental understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Solid understanding of critical datacenter CE equipment
- Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems. (Power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)
- Established understanding of electrical theory and practical application via your maintenance & operation of critical electrical equipment. (Paralleling switchgear, redundant UPS systems, DC battery strings, multi-source electrical utility switchgear, standby diesel generators, etc.)
- Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (Your ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks