Technical Sales support
With a growing fleet and increased demand from our customers, we are now seeking reinforcement to department modernization and upgrades (M&U) technical sales support within service division for Medium Sized Gas Turbines (MGT) 15-60 MW.
The general goal of the M&U department is to help our customer to be better and reach new targets.
This includes fuel flexibility enabling green fuels, lowering emissions to align with the constantly evolving legislation and society demands, increase the overall efficiency, and improve the power output.
We are supporting our sales managers with technical solutions including cost calculations expanding the technical support towards BEX (Brown Field Exchange) projects. BEX projects is when we replace a competitor’s gas turbine with one of our own, connecting to existing auxiliary equipment such as generator and boiler.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You will be working in a team with 11 team-members within the department of technical sales support. Our projects focus on modifications and upgrades (Mods&Ups) of our gas turbine fleet globally (Medium Sized Gas turbines 15-60 MW)
- Suggest solutions upon the wide range of our customer’s technical needs. You will work in cooperation with our sales organization and will be responsible for technical specifications, scope of supply and cost calculations for the customer’s specific technical solution.
- You will also act as technical support during customer meetings together with the sales manager, both internally and at the customer’s site. Expect to travel 10-15 days per year.
What You Bring
- At least a bachelor’s degree within engineering. A focus on mechanical engineering or similar knowledge/work experience is meriting. Knowledge regarding gas turbines is further beneficial.
- For the BEX projects an overall understanding of a complete power plant including heat balance and experience of power plant engineering is beneficial.
- You will be expected to work in several interfaces internally and direct with the end customer and therefore, high collaboration skills and high skill of the English language, both written and spoken is required.
- You will greatly develop your technical know-how and combine it with undertones of commercial questions. No project is the same, so expect to be challenged with every new project. You will be able to grow into bigger and more complex projects over time as your skill increases within coordination, managing and general know-how.
About the Team
The M&U group consisting of 6 teams and 90 employees and consultants, with background in various engineering fields. We are located in Finspång, Sweden
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this page to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
We can offer you employment benefits such as: reduction of working hours, advance vacation, health care allowance and an eventual possibility to a flexible working place.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Don’t hesitate - apply via https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html , id nr 249113 not later than 2023-09-25.
Ongoing selection is applied, the role might be filled before last application date.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Peter Alm on +46 122 81564.
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Narcissa Tellefsen on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will request an extract from the police’s criminal record from the final candidates.
We refrain from all contact with staffing and recruitment companies, or advertising brokers.
Trade Union Representatives:
Anders Häll, Unionen, 0122-887514
Simon Von Eckardstein (Sveriges Ingenjörer) 0122-842 24,
Jan Lundgren (Ledarna) 0122-812 33,
Jonny Persson (IF Metall) 0122-817 69