Are you a master student planning to write your Master Thesis during spring 2020? Join us on our journey into the future #Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.We are now looking for a student to take on the assignment:Master Thesis worker for digital test assembly in virtual reality environmentThe assignment:
- Create a virtual environment to test a sub-assembly of the gas turbine and set up quick instruction virtually, also for verification a test for de-assembly for service will be evaluated
- Digital solutions in form of VR for collaboration and how to organize different engineering disciplines to get the most out of them, in this case R&D and Production evaluation for future concepts and implementations
- A deep dive into creating a process and method for sequencing assembly's in VR and presenting in the virtual world
- Evaluate the methods used for digital test assembly through VR in form of HTC Vive and Unity
- Investigate possibilities for connecting Siemens NX sequencing module with Unity software
- An extra investigation in case time allows it will be looking into the possibilities using Microsoft HoloLens for test assembly instructions
- You are doing your final year on a technical master program within Mechanical engineering, Production engineering, Design, Computer science, Design for Creative and Immersive Technology, IT, or Media technology.
- You have a genuine interest in digitalization within the industry that can be seen in your choices of courses and/or extra-curricular activities, VR work with HTC Vive and Unity is preferable.
- You are analytical, have ease in socializing, are self-reliant and a self-starter.
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se/job ref nr 190500 and no later than January 5 . For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Almir Ajkunic, +46(0) 122 844 77.Trade Union representatives:
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Bruneflod, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
In this recruitment we renounce all calls relating to advertising and recruitment support.