Project Engineering ManagerJoin us on our journey #SiemensEnergy
Siemens Energy's 91,000 employees around the world are passionately pursuing one common goal: to energize society with affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy systems.
Join our great team and put your energy to use.
The team of Project Engineering Management (PEM) is part of an organization that is responsible for delivering gas turbines to our customers, who are located all over the world.
The group is well composed of 6 people who work with leading technical project teams in what we define as complex order projects.
An increasing part of our order project portfolio is to supply function-critical new equipment to Oil & Gas markets, mainly gas compression and power generation units in highly variable configurations. Examples of this can be high amount of Engineering to Order, complicated customer relationship and projects with delivery of new products or first-time application.
In this role you will be responsible for bundling the project team efforts so to fulfill on time all technical obligations committed by the Company, including those sub-contracted to external suppliers. Your contributions are therefore highly exposed and essential in terms of Client satisfaction, global quality and project productivity.The challenge
- To succeed in your mission, you shall effectively second the PM to develop a positive project team spirit around common goals and achievements. Caring to avoid any "silo-keeper" attitude of any kind, you are communicating in a very clear, open and proactive way, encouraging others to do the same.
- You will be responsible for deeper technical competence around our products, working methods and routines. The work includes management and coordination of the technical team working with the gas turbine and its auxiliary systems.
- Together with the project team, you define the scope of delivery based on the contract and monitor the work with the aim of reducing risk exposure and creating opportunities for additional sales.
Who are you?
- In addition to this, you coordinate technology-related work between different manufacturing units for different parts of the delivery, e.g. gas turbine and compressor.
- We believe you have experience of leading electrical, control system or mechanical design related to gas turbines or experience from other rotating equipment.
- You have the ability to read and interpret customer contracts from a technical perspective and you have experience working with Oil & Gas customer segment and know this industry standards and customers way of thinking.
- As a person, you are goal-oriented, responsible and structured.
Why should you be working at Siemens Energy?
- You have experience of working in teams and want to be involved in a developing process organization that has a direct impact on the supply chain to the customer.
Siemens Energy is one of the world's leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain - from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50 percent of the portfolio has already been decarbonized.
A majority stake in the listed company Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) makes Siemens Energy a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from Siemens Energy. Siemens Energy employs 91,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries and generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019. In Sweden Siemens Energy has 2600 employees in 10 locations.
At Siemens Energy we value diversity by inclusion and by cooperating with people with different mindset, background, experience, competence and personal traits - in all organisational levels.
Read more about Siemens Energy here:
Do not hesitate - apply today via https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/jobs job id nr 223093 not later than February 26.
For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Patrik Enbom tel. +46 (0)122 887301.
For questions about the recruitment process please contact Malin Tallberg, tel. +46 (0)122 81381.
Place of work: FinspångTrade Union representatives:
Veronica Andersson, Unionen, 0122-840 21
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Jonny Persson, IF Metall, 0122-817 69#LI-MT1