A Snapshot of Your Day
The SE P DM organization is responsible for developing procurement strategies for direct materials that will ensure the optimization of Siemens Energy's competitive position.
As a Global Commodity Manager, you are part of our corporate global strategic procurement team (SE P DM). You as steel expert are responsible to expand our current experienced global steel team to form a center of competence for first and lower tier management for steel. The team develops and implements a commodity strategy for Raw Materials.How You'll Make an Impact
What You Bring
- Manage Carbon and Stainless-Steel commodity globally / X-organizationally with special focus on 2nd tier volumes (E.g., LSF) and bundling.
- Lead a functional team of regional commodity managers globally. Be strong interface to R&D, Cost-Value Engineering and Supplier quality management
- Managing demands and relationships with steel producers and traders globally utilizing pooling/bundling of SE demands in close collaboration with alliance partners (SGRE)
- Define Commodity structure and organization; develop and implement material productivity programs/ measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
- Ensure PVO transparency globally by, amongst others, correct ESN coding to ensure a correct reporting and to derive an appropriate commodity strategy.
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings; negotiate frame contracts, execute E-auctions
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g., updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all stakeholders up to date
- Identify procurement risks, opportunities, and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk/opportunity management.
- Maintain business relationships with executive management of major suppliers to furnish and obtain timely information regarding market conditions, trends, and their effect on price and supply.
- Perform Supplier Management: Supplier selection, incl. documentation and communication of strategic suppliers, regular supplier and strategic evaluations, supplier classifications and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
- Supply chain governance topics like External Sustainability Audits and Procurement Assessments
About the Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering
- Minimum Industry Experience: 8 years of experience in complex engineered equipment marketing, manufacturing, or procurement, preferably in the power generation industry
- Strong Procurement know-how with capability to negotiate and operate in different cultures and managing constraint supply chains
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Strong relationships to steel producers and traders are desirable
- Knowledge of contract law and export control
- Experience in Sustainability and decarbonization in the steel supply chain, green steel etc. is a plus
- Fluent in English written and spoken, German is a plus
- Travel percentage ~20%
In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvKWho is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.Rewards/Benefits
- Working with a global team
- Opportunities to work on and lead a variety of innovative projects
- Supportive work culture
- Remote/Flexible work
- Continual learning through the Learn@Siemens-Energy platform
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.