Combustion EngineerLET'S TALK ABOUT YOUYour profile
- Master's or PhD in Chemical, Energy science, Fluid or Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- A driven person with a problem-solving mindset.
- A person that can work in a team and make it more effective & efficient.
- Experience with combustion numerical calculations, applied combustion or is meritorious, but not a requirement. Willing to learn and try out new methods based on fluid dynamic principles and reactor network often 1-D dimensional models with in-house codes and some commercial codes is a part of your daily work.
- Previous experience of Gas turbines is meritorious however not a requirement.
- Good English language skills are required. Swedish language skills are meritorious.
- You will be part of a diverse R&D group consisting of highly skilled engineers who have a high focus on increasing fuel flexibility like hydrogen and biofuels, and work with combustion development towards lowest emissions and highest efficiency. In this, you will be able to contribute to the design and operation of robust, reliable and highly efficient combustion systems.
- As a Combustion engineer, you will be involved in all parts of the development process, from concept phase to prototyping and final design. You will perform calculations, analyze data, and perform development tests. In alignment with Siemens' vision to increase R&D effectiveness, you will be able to explore and implement optimization tools as well as develop new methods and ways of working.
- As part of a global organization, you will have the opportunity to build a network that expands across the world, from Europe to North America and Asia. On top of that, your multi-disciplinary collaborations will for example include the Mechanical design, testing groups and the Service organization.
- We have more than 1000 gas turbines in operation around the world, and the number is steadily increasing. In your role as combustion engineer you will be a part of the daily support to our sales and service organizations. You will be involved in the highest level for troubleshooting, root cause analysis and leading improvement project. Our expectation on you is to take an active role in our high-level support to service organizations and existing fleet. Some travel to customers when remote support is not possible.
LET'S TALK ABOUT US
- At Siemens we value diversity by inclusion and by cooperating with people with different mindset, background, experience, competence and personal traits - in all organizational levels.
"Let's make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Siemens Energy is one of the world's leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain - from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50 percent of the portfolio has already been decarbonized.
A majority stake in the listed company Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) makes Siemens Energy a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from Siemens Energy. Siemens Energy employs 91,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries and generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019. In Sweden Siemens Energy has 2600 employees in 10 locations.
Read more about Siemens Energy here:
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Job & Career: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.htmlApplication
Don't hesitate - apply via https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/jobs id nr 224087 not later than April 15.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Saeid Kharazmi tel. +46 (0)122-82385 (email@example.com).
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Malin Tallberg tel. +46 (0)122 81381.
Location: Finspång, SwedenTrade Union Representatives:
Veronica Andersson, Unionen, 0122-840 21
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Jonny Persson, IF Metall, 0122-817 69#LI-MT1