The Koenigsegg development team is 150 engineers & growing. It is an agile hub of highly talented individuals, where the sum is greater than its parts. Our world-class team operates with a non-conventional, 'Lean Development' philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, & technical contribution at all levels.
We are all expected to challenge & to be challenged, to create, & to innovate. Our development goes as fast as our cars do.
We are leading the way in the hypercar business & you'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.The Software Department
At Koenigsegg, we do most things ourselves. Software is no different.
The Software Department designs & develops all software. From the user experience & design in the infotainment through all the layers down to the bare metal. This includes body control MCUs, Engine-, gearbox- & electrical propulsion ECUs etc. We do the desktop application too, where we can calibrate almost anything live during driving or OTA - of course. We have our own electronics department who does all the electronics too. The box it is going to live in & the harness it is going to communicate through is done in-house as well.
It is a highly unique environment where the possibilities are limitless for the individual to grow as a person & engineer.
The Software Department currently consists of 30 engineers and is expected to grow up to 50 in the team. It is currently set up in 4 teams:
The person we are looking for
- Infotainment & Cloud
- Body Control & Comfort Functions
- Powertrain & Vehicle Dynamics
Koenigsegg is committed to hiring & developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. We are looking for an individual who has a great passion for cars, technology & good business.
You have the drive to develop yourself & the ones in your team. You'd be excited to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. You must be a go-getter, take initiative. You aren't sensitive and your skin is thick but you are humble, a good listener & you know when to put your own ego aside to trust your teams' judgment as well.The Role - Koenigsegg Software Department Manager
Your focus will be supporting and helping the team succeed. You are visionary and contribute to the development progress from a helicopter view. You will work with planning, supporting in reaching goals, looking at the horizon & long-term software strategies (tools, technologies, etc), working processes, dealing with suppliers, etc.
Your team leaders are the hands-on experts, so you don't need to know-it-all, but you MUST understand the technical side & be able to support the engineers with reasoning, ideas, possible solutions or knowing which questions to ask to support the teams' progress.
You'll be the bridge between software & other development departments & the direct manager for all engineers within the software department (incl reviewing performance, salaries, recruiting new engineers, internal politics, etc).
The position will be based in the Koenigsegg headquarters in Ängelholm, Sweden.Minimum Requirements
- English on a full professional level - written, verbal, & presentation (Swedish is not compulsory).
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with many interfaces & strong wills.
- Capable of continuously adapting to new topics & ever-changing focus & priorities
- Solution-oriented with a great software interest & software market awareness
- Good technical understanding outside of software development.
- Good people management skills & ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of how software integrates with hardware.
- Experience from leading technical teams.
- Strong work ethic & integrity.
- >5 years of experience managing salaries, annual performance reviews, personnel politics, team building, etc.
- >5 years of full-time experience from hands-on embedded software development alternatively>10 years of experience in a technical project management role within software development.
We look forward to your application.Important: Koenigsegg does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team. All candidates must be submitted via Koenigsegg's job application platform.We are using a recruitment-platform called Roi. Initial communication will be managed through this platform.
If you haven't heard from us in a while, look in your spam folder for messages sent from a "Roi Rekrytering" address.