ResponsibilityAre you searching for new exiting challenges, to be part of a highly energized and motivated global legal department, in a truly global environment within a growing company? If so, this is your opportunity!
Nouryon is now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to be part of the Legal Group in the Nordics.
Nouryon provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Our Legal Group safeguards the strategic objectives of the company's businesses and provides advice on legal issues in many dynamic markets and regions.
As Senior Legal Counsel Nordics you will serve a critical role for Nouryon's Nordic businesses. You will handle matters with significant opportunity and exposure to Nouryon, interact with senior business leadership and be part of a regional leadership team. You will focus on the businesses operating in or out of the Nordics, but you will work in an international environment where we expect you to, at all times, give due consideration to the interests of Nouryon as a whole.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will also support compliance-related challenges in concert with the Regional Compliance Officer, including data privacy, corporate governance, internal investigations, export control and other regulatory matters.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global organization and a large team of lawyers worldwide with much co-operation, interaction and knowledge-sharing; Nouryon's legal department has over 50 legal professionals located in The Netherlands, Sweden, China, Brazil, Germany and the United States.
The legal team in the Nordics will consist of four people including this position, and we are looking for a legal generalist with substantial expert knowledge of a broad range of specialist topics, who is also an excellent business advisor with good economic understanding.Key responsibilities
- Manage and provide legal advice and support to all businesses operating in or out of the Nordics, including the drafting and hands on negotiation of a variety of commercial and other agreements and corporate documents.
- Provide support for compliance, M&A and corporate law on various matters.
- Be the Legal advisor of a Regional Management Team.
- Legal Master's Degree from an accredited law school in Sweden.
- 6+ years' relevant working experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department. Experience might include a period of service in a district court.
- Substantial expert knowledge of a wide range of specialist topics such as corporate law, competition law, litigation law, M&A and intellectual property law.
- Extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements and other legal documents, including sales and purchase contracts, distribution agreements, agency agreements, licensing agreements, outsourcing contracts, engineering contracts.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating corporate contracts, including board resolutions, articles of association and M&A related contracts such as share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, asset transfer agreements.
- Solid dispute resolution experience, solid command of anti-trust principles.
- Self-motivated and highly effective, with the ability to work independently whilst still being a team player and safeguarding the strategic objectives from legal group perspective.
- Ability to work well and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Business-oriented with the ability to drive innovative solutions and strategies, and appropriately balance risk with the need for the business to take action.
- Action-oriented problem solver; commercially savvy and committed to getting into the details of a matter and handling it through to conclusion.
- A "can do" attitude and a strong desire to continue to grow and professionally develop in numerous different legal areas.
- Sound and practical legal, ethical and commercial judgment with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Outstanding legal reasoning and analysis and strategic thinking ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent Swedish and English.
- Other qualifications as specialist lawyer, such as environmental law and/or employment law is beneficial.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Legal Director and Compliance Officer Nordics and based in Bohus.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Charlotte Björnsdotter Lundgren, Legal Director and Compliance Officer Nordics, +46 31 58 73 09 or +46 709 57 73 09.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, HR Business Partner, +46709577477.
For unions related questions please contact:
Anna-Lena Palm, koncernrådsrepresentant, + 46 303-85 000 (vxl)
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.comMore about Nouryon
Nouryon is a leading global specialty chemicals leader. Markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our nearly 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Expancel, Dissolvine, Trigonox, Jozo, and Berol.
As of January 1, 2020, Nouryon will be comprised of three businesses: Industrial Chemicals, Performance Formulations and Technology Solutions. Nouryon generates approximately EUR 5.5B in revenue.
You will find our company film here. Please visit our website for more information about us and our exciting businesses.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the recruiter and the hiring manager. In addition to this interview, you will be asked to conduct a problem-solving test and a personality analysis. We will discuss the results during the interview. Our final candidate will be asked to perform alcohol and drug tests as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We look forward to your application!Please note that have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.