Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. EKA Engineering is part of our Pulp and Performance organization. EKA Engineering is responsible for acquiring and executing projects and related service activities to our clients in the pulp industry
We now have an immediate opening for a skilled Project Manager who will manage and administrate contracts and projects for chlorine dioxide production for external and internal customers.
This is an exciting role in a truly global environment. We work towards clear goals in a wide variety of projects ranging from minor rebuild projects to larger scale projects extending over several years.
We have a team spirit and solve problems together in a creative and dynamic way. If you love to travel internationally and to meet people from different cultures you will enjoy working in our team.Main responsibilities
- Ensure that the project is executed according to budget, schedule and quality.
- Follow up of the engineering and project implementation.
- Negotiate changes to the scope with the client and participate in negotiations of major purchases with suppliers.
- Be responsible for project team meetings and continuously report the project progress and financial status to the management team.
- Be responsible for project team members working environment, HSE and to enforce the application of local HSE&S rules on site.
- Handle customer invoices and related documents (bank guarantees, LC:s etc).
- Represent the company and the project team in customer contacts.
- In smaller size projects, also act as Sub Project Manager for one technical disicpline.
- Support the Sales organization with cost calculations and other information in the Sales phase.
- University degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent acquired competence.
- Minimum 10 years' experience of investment project work in Pulping or Chemical Process industries in an international environment. Your experience can be from one of the technical disciplines process, mechanical design or electrical/instrumentation.
- Knowledge of project management and reporting systems.
- Fluent in Swedish and English (written and spoken). Other languages such as Portuguese or Spanish is an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
To be successful in this position you should be a good team player that is technically skilled and used to operating in a global environment. You have skills in risk assessment and are willing to take responsibility for delivering results while maintaining high quality. You are goal oriented with a strong ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
The job involves travelling and you need to be able to travel 50 – 80 days per year.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Manager Eka Engineering and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Marie Berglund, Manager Eka Engineering, on +46 70 9 577674.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Matilda Bolin, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +46 709 57 71 34
For unions related questions please contact +46 31 58 70 00 and ask for:
Akademikerna: Emma Lundin
IF Metall: Dennis Ljunggren
Unionen: Heléne Rosenlund
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!More about the business
Nouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.
Bleaching Chemicals is a sub business unit within AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals. We are the world's largest manufacturer of sodium chlorate and one of the largest producers of hydrogen peroxide. We supply essential chemicals to the global pulp industry and other selected industries from 24 locations worldwide.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.