Trimble Danderyd R&D develops optical measurement instruments, total stations, for the surveying and construction markets.
The software engineering group in Danderyd R&D consists of 18 engineers, developing the instrument firmware.
The overall system software architecture is defined in close cooperation with New Zeeland/Germany for the "field software and Paris/US for the "office software development. The internal firmware architecture of the instrument is set in close cooperation colleagues within different areas of expertise - hardware, mechanics, optics, software and specialists in Danderyd.
As a software architect in the software engineering group you will be responsible for driving and facilitating the software architecture. To succeed in this role, you need to collaborate closely with your colleagues and have a genuine technical interest and understanding of our embedded systems that include a variety of different sensors such as servo-systems, cameras, distance-meter, angle-meter and tracking modules.
The software architect is a new role in Danderyd R&D and will report to software engineering manager in Danderyd. You will be strategic resposible for developing a new platform.Job description:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Main software architect for our instruments
- Take active part when defining next generation of instruments to make sure system architecture will meet market needs.
- Be the natural go-to-person for software architecture issues in ongoing projects
- Co-ordinate software architecture with teams in New Zeeland, Germany, France and US.
- Take active part of defining the software strategy, roadmap and architecture between Trimble instrument product lines (Danderyd, Germany, Paris)
- Keep up with new technologies
- MSc in computer science, mechatronics, physics or similar
- Experience from systems architecture of high-tech and complex technical products, building modular and scalable software systems
- Extensive programming experience and understanding of embedded real-time firmware and applications using C, C++, C#, Linux and Windows, with knowledge of network protocols (sockets, TCP/IP, DHCP) and communication stacks such as wifi, BT, USB
- Genuine technical interest
- Technical leadership skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swedish
If you have any questions about the position - please contact Agne Ottosson at Söder & Co i Stockholm, 0709-519250
If you want to apply for the position, please visit www.soderco.se