Data Management Consultant
When you join the SAS Institute Nordic Professional Services Division, you become part of a highly skilled and ambitious team of 225 experts within data science. In our cross-country specialist teams, we solve critical business analytics challenges and provide superior client services for the largest local and international companies and public organizations across Northern Europe and globally.
SAS Institute is the global leader in the business analytics market and consists of more than 14,000 skilled professionals worldwide. We service more than 80,000 of the largest companies and organisations in 148 countries across the globe, including 91 of the top 100 of the 2015 Fortune Global 500.
In SAS Institute Nordic PSD, we give you freedom of initiative and provide steep learning curves for self-starting professionals. We encourage and support you to suggest innovative solutions that can benefit our clients as they become increasingly analytics-driven. We always strive for improvement but also remember to celebrate our breakthroughs together and with our clients. In all modesty, we tend to think that we are the best Professional Services Division in the worldjoin us and help make it even better!
We are currently seeking a Data Management Consultant to join our Data Management team in Stockholm. As a Data Management consultant, you will provide SAS consulting services including the design, implementation and delivery of SAS solutions at customer sites. You will develop applications for internal use; design, implement and present customer prototypes; build applications and oversee the technical progress of solution delivery.Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with real time integration of IoT data with our Event Stream Processing engine.
- Data management and data quality solution design.
- Implementing data integration and data quality solutions for use in sales situations and customer site visits.
- Working within a Master Data Management and / or Data Governance framework where appropriate.
- Developing, testing and implementing software applications for internal and external customers.
- Working closely with a technical lead, project manager and other team members.
- Reviewing and editing documentation for consulting projects and other divisions as needed.
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the role as an expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, products and technologies.
- Assisting in the scoping and defining of projected work effort, resource plans and estimating costs on phases / projects.
- Participating in gathering and documenting project requirements.
- Preparing, documentation and presenting materials for site visits, project work and training services.
We are looking for a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a quantitative field, you will also have excellent written and oral communication, analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
As the successful candidate you have experience of delivering big data ETL, or Business Intelligence related work. You are experienced with SAS Software (desirable but no essential), such as SAS Data Integration Studio or ETL-tools from other vendors. Any exposure to an RBDMS such as Teradata, Oracle, DB2 Experience and Hadoop would be beneficial.
In return we can offer you an attractive package and career opportunities, working for one of the best places to work globally (Great Places to Work award winner 2015), in a company which can offer you growth and development.
Please contact us, we'd love to hear from you!