When you join the SAS Institute Nordic Professional Services Division, you become part of a highly skilled and ambitious team of 225 experts within data science. In our cross-country specialist teams, we solve critical business analytics challenges and provide superior client services for the largest local and international companies and public organisations across Northern Europe and globally.
SAS Institute is the global leader in the business analytics market and consists of more than 14,000 skilled professionals worldwide. We service more than 80,000 of the largest companies and organisations in 148 countries across the globe, including 91 of the top 100 of the 2015 Fortune Global 500.
In SAS Institute Nordic PSD, we give you the freedom to be initiative and provide steep learning curves for self-starting professionals. We encourage and support you to suggest innovative solutions that can benefit our clients as they become increasingly analytics-driven. We always strive for improvement but also remember to celebrate our breakthroughs together and with our clients. In all modesty, we tend to think that we are the best Professional Services Division in the worldjoin us and help make it even better!
We are currently seeking a Risk Consultant to work on projects as part of a team implementing SAS risk solutions within credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, and insurance risk at our customers. Examples of application areas for SAS risk solutions include credit scoring, solvency 2, and IFRS9 credit impairment modelling.
Key responsibilities will include requirements analysis, solution design and configuration as well as design and implementation of customizations. From time to time you will also participate in pre-studies and pilot projects as well as solution demonstrations with potential customers. On a longer term you will also act as an expert, advising our customers on how to best apply SAS' risk solutions to solve their business challenges. We conduct our projects in teams in close cooperation with our customers and partners, which makes this position suitable for a person who is academic and consultative, communicates well and enjoys working with other people.
This role will be based from our office in Stockholm, with travel to client's sites, mainly around the Stockholm area, however, as we are part of a Nordic organization, some travel within the Nordics may occur.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally be:
- Degree educated in financial mathematics, actuarial theory, industrial economics, mathematical statistics or statistics with course work in financial mathematics and/or actuarial theory
- Have some commercial experience in:
- Consulting work within the banking/insurance industry, and / or
- Software companies working with risk solutions, or
- Risk analysis within banking or insurance
- Be experienced in working with databases
- Have programming skills (SAS or other relevant programming languages, such as Matlab, R, or SQL)
- Good communication skills (Swedish and English) - both oral and written
- Be a strong problem solver, who is not afraid to take on tasks within new areas, and who enjoys continuous learning
- Be interested in creating business value at our customers
- Enjoy working as part of a team, but who is also able to work individually
In return we can offer you an attractive package and career opportunities, in a position where you are continuously challenged, working for one of the best places to work globally (Great Places To Work award winner 2015), in a company which can offer you growth and development.
Please contact us, we'd love to hear from you!