Would you like to manage development of world class power electronics?
Profoto is expanding and we are now looking for a manager for our Electronic department within R&D.R&D Manager Electronics to Profoto
- "The Light Shaping CompanyOur vision
At Profoto you will be participating in building a world leading innovative company. Today we set the standard with our products as the premier choice of professional photography. With a strong commitment to innovation, we aim to remain the leader in our industry. Brilliant ideas, ground breaking research, as well as sustainable and profitable growth of our business, can only come to life with the right people.
At Profoto we only hire the best and we invest in the development of our people to ensure we are an employer of choice for those who value professional development and continuous challenges.
We are committed to growth and we want our people to grow with us. To achieve this we offer an ambitious, high quality and demanding culture where we value to have fun together as we build a world class company with a premium brand. We strongly believe that a healthy work life balance, a coaching leadership and individual development are the keys to our success.Our mission
At Profoto people work in agile teams and cross functional projects as we always promote cooperation and transparency. We want each team member to see their contribution as a part of the end result of our business - the light shaping of a great picture. We encourage and leverage the entrepreneurial spirit that has made us what we are today. We have a strong focus on value adding activities with the ambition that all employees work with tasks and goals that are directly associated with our core business.Who we are looking for?
Profoto is looking for a manager that can lead our electronics department in a transition where we move towards high-volume premium products, while still keeping the technical leadership in the top-end, low volume, segments.
You will be managing a group of 6-10 people as well as actively contribute in both research- and product development projects. The role also includes the technical ownership of the future system architecture. This is a great role if you want to combine leadership with technical expertise.Responsibilities
- Hire, nurture and develop the department as well as the competence of the individuals.
- Safeguard the technical leadership in electronics/power electronics both from a product and a knowledge perspective.
- Follow and evaluate relevant trends related to technology, processes, working methods and tools.
- Work cross functional with relevant departments to achieve common targets
- See that regulatory and legal issues are fulfilled
- Plan and control the cost of the department according to the Profoto process.
- Take the technical lead in the design of our future system architecture
- Work closely with our SW development team to optimize the system solution
As a manager within Profoto R&D you are a member of the Profoto R&D management team.Experience
- Previous leadership experience
- At least 5 years hands-on relevant experience within product development
- Knowledge on a senior level within power electronics
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Swedish
- Personal drive
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good firmware knowledge
- Interest in photography
- Relevant Master of Science degree (lower level can be accepted if you have at least 10 year experience of technology management)
Placement & Organization
This position will be based at our headquarters (Profoto AB, Landsvägen 57, Sundbyberg, Sweden) and you will report to the Vice President Technology, Tobias LindbäckDo you want to join Profoto - the light shaping company?
If you see yourself as an R&D manager Electronics at Profoto, please apply by sending your resume and grade transcripts to the email:email@example.com
. Only applications containing the required documents will be processed.
In this recruitment we work with Lars Janesköld Senior Consulting, and if you have any further questions please contact Lars Janesköld on email or on 070-692 43 12. Last day for application is 9/12/ 2016. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis so please submit your application today if you are interested.