Arbetsuppgifter och tjänsten
Elekta can offer you a global environment where entrepreneurial thinking is highly valued. You will be a part of an organization where we create value for patients, customers, our company and each other.
Elekta is now looking for a Manager for Research and Physics to fill an important role in the organization where you will have the overall responsibility from the first brave inspiration to the installation at our customers. You will be a key stakeholder in the development of a high profile MedTech portfolio, including the Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™ and other exciting future products. You will manage a team of 10 senior experts in our office in down-town Stockholm and be a member of the Global Engineering Sweden management team. This opportunity is well suited for a person who wants to lead and develop long and short-term research- and physics strategies as leader of a highly skilled Research and Physics team in the Neuro and Dose optimization competence domains.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Being part of the Global Engineering Sweden management team. The management team has the overall responsibility for a successful Portfolio performance and to ensure that we have a capable and flexible R&D and Engineering organization.
- Act as a deputy R&D manager when so assigned.
- To monitor global research and technology activities and identify areas potentially relevant to our current and future business needs; and facilitate the investigation, adoption, and deployment into the Development groups.
- To co-ordinate internal research activities for Global Engineering Sweden and to ensure an effective communication and coordination with other relevant groups
- To develop research and physics strategies in the Neuroscience area in accordance with the business plan and overall product creation strategies.
- To plan and secure the practical dosimetry work and evaluations
- To support external research collaborations with resources and expertise
- To work with the Scientific Research and Patent groups and be responsible for conformance to the group policies.
- To ensure that all research work is consistent with good practice and the agreed technical policies embodied in the standard product creation processes.
- To manage budget and staff within the Research & Physics team.
This position reports to Vice President Global Engineering Sweden at the global headquarter in StockholmErfarenhet, utbildning och person
To be successful in this role you need to have an MSc or PhD in Physics or a related area and 10 plus years of experience in the field of research and physics from an industry with high safety and quality demands. Experience from the MedTech industry will be considered an advantage. You have solid experience of advanced research projects and experience of representing a company at a senior level.
We are looking for an innovative, extrovert and strategic leader with a passion for research and a keen interest in people development! We hope that you have experience of managing a team of specialists within a regulated but commercial R&D environment. You have an eye on trends in the field and thrive in an environment where you get to influence and develop. You have demonstrated ability to develop trusted working relationships at all levels of the organization and thrive in an international environment. You have proven decision-making skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and resolve difficult issues.
Swedish and English, both oral and written are essential to perform this work as part of a global company.
Is this the right challenge for you? Apply today!Application
In this process Elekta is working with Level Recruitment. To apply, please visit www.levelrecruitment.se and click on "Ansök här". If you have any questions please contact Nina Ahlström at 08-120 50 421.
Level Recruitment is a full-range recruitment company specializing in recruitment with search and headhunting. We work with a Nordic coverage with a strong focus on the Swedish market. Focusing on our seven Business Areas we deliver short processes and the best possible quality. Our goal is your future!
For more information about Level Recruitment, visit our website. www.levelrecruitment.se.