The mission of the Business Controller Nordics is to ensure that the strategy of profitable growth is firmly embedded in the area of responsibilities in close coordination with the Operation Manager, regional management team and Business Unit managers. The Business Controller will also be leading/supporting local and Business Unit wide projects and be the owner for specified cross functional processes. One of the most critical tasks of this role is the capacity to accurately predict key performance measures for the short, medium and long term future.
The position may be located in the Swedish office in Kungens Kurva or the Norwegian office in Oso and reports direcly to the Director FP&A located in Geneva, Switzerland with a dotted line to the Nordic zone Manager located in Stockholm. Travelling on a regular basis (monthly) within the Nordic Countries and quarterly within Europe will be required.The Business Controller will mainly be responsible for:
Skills, knowledge and expertise
- Providing monthly analysis and forecast
- Analysing current and past trends in KPIs
- Taking ownership of the production of the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting in close coordination with all relevant departments
- Part of the Operations Management team, be a real Business Partner
- Project leader for designated projects
- Evaluating complex customer orders and follow up on average selling price evolution
- Building long term strategic plans (3-years) in close cooperation with Operation Manager and BU
- Suggesting measures and initiatives for improvement based on the company strategy
- Challenging and supporting the Operation Manager to define a more efficient communication flow, organization, workflow and management inside the operations, be the voice of the Nordics within FP&A community in EMEA
The successful candidate has a Bachelor or Masters in Business, Finance, Economics or related field as well as a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the field. This role requires an understanding on how to apply data for efficient decision making, experience in Business Intelligence tools, ERP system and financial modelling techniques with an analytical approach. Fluency in Swedish or Norwegian and English both oral and written is essential.Personal characteristics
Commitment, drive, analytical skills and business understanding are key and
ability to influence and achieve results without authority is key in this role. The person needs to be able to build and maintain the trust of the Operations Management and at the same time needs to be providing challenging questioning to the team backed by business intelligence of the situation today, but also anticipated future performance and needs. This role requires a team player, who is also comfortable to express different opinions in a constructive and collaborative way. Interaction with different hierarchy levels and different departments requires the ability to tailor the language to the targeted audience in order to achieve the required buy in. The person needs to work independently.What can Markem-Imaje offer you:
- As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chicago based Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV), Markem-Imaje is an international leading manufacturer of product and packaging identification and traceability system with industry leading technology, working within customer sectors such as food processing, beverages, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, electrical and electronic equipment.
- We are a small and friendly team of 45 people in the Nordics Zone with offices in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen. We work closely together within the individual countries and across borders with cooperation and strong performance development, talent management and learning opportunities being key to our success. We work hard, but we also celebrate success together and work to ensure that everyone is able to work in the best way and balance work and life responsibilities.
- In this role, the successful candidate will work locally within the Nordics with opportunities for travel within the Zone and occasionally within Europe or globally. Additionally, as a matrix organisation, you will be supported in your role by a strong team of colleagues working across Europe, within an international environment, providing scope to grow in your role and develop for the future.
Stockholm, Sweden or Oslo, NorwayAbout Markem-Imaje
Markem-Imaje is a trusted worldwide manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, print and apply label systems. Markem-Imaje delivers fully integrated solutions that enable product quality and safety, regulatory and retailer compliance, better safeguard against product recalls and improve manufacturing processes. Markem-Imaje can rely on 30 subsidiaries worldwide to provide more than 40,000 customers with optimal product marking and coding solutions. Additionally, Markem-Imaje customers are supported by 6 R&D centres, several equipment repair centres and manufacturing plants strategically located around the globe.
In this recruitment process Markem-Imaje is collaborating with Meritmind. For more information please contact Recruitment Consultant Erna Stamming at Meritmind, mobile +46 70 750 22 76 or Candidate Manager Jenny Molander, mobile +46 73 808 05 11. Interviews will be held continuously and please send your application in English as soon as possible.
Controller, Business Controller, Financial controller, Finance manager, Business analyst, Group Controller, Area controller, Division controller, Site controller, Transfer pricing, auditor, audit, verksamhetsekonom, verksamhetscontroller, affärscontroller, regionscontroller, redovisningsekonom, redovisningsspecialist, prognostisering, analytiker, SAP