Analytical & Physical Testing Team in Stockholm is a vital part of the Wood Adhesives R&D organization within Wood Coatings AkzoNobel.
Our mission is to support our existing and future technologies and market leading wood adhesives products. Our main customers are large factories worldwide with production of parquet flooring, furniture and load bearing wood constructions for large buildings like sport arenas, bridges and airports.
The team is responsible for analytical and testing support for product development and production needs. We perform standard tests and analyses and we are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited for formaldehyde emission analysis.
The team works with all world-wide mechanical testing standards for approval of our wood adhesives systems in load-bearing and non-loadbearing construction. We also develop own methods to support RDI. We are experienced chemists and technicians working closely together with the whole R&D team, analytical sites in Wood Coatings and external testing institutes. We are in a project and result driven organization, with a strong customer focus and we deliver with quality and reliability. Team spirit and cooperation across functions are highly valued within our organization.
We are now looking for an Assistant Chemist/Technician who can strengthen us and deliver results of high quality and constantly improve to achieve best practice.
Main task and responsibilities:
As an Assistant Chemist/Technician in our team you will perform practical work with accredited methods and mechanical testing. You will also help upholding the quality and accreditation, do instrument controls and help maintaining the analytical and testing equipment. You will support analytical requests in projects and support tasks within the Wood Coatings business.
- Practical work with ISO/IEC 17025 accredited for formaldehyde emission analysis.
- Practical work with mechanical testing of adhesives according to standards.
- Practical work with instrument control.
- Develop and maintain network with and handle requests from analytical departments and RDI within Wood Coatings.
- Contribute to and support ongoing projects and support activities according to goals, timelines and priorities.
- Responsible for clear documentation and reporting within RD&I projects and support tasks
- Ensure quality of performed work and constantly improve s to achieve best practice.
- Have good knowledge of and work in compliance with company quality systems (ISO 9001/ ISO14001/ ISO 18001).
- Chemistry or Chemical Engineering education, at least upper secondary school with scientific orientation.
- It is an advantage to have laboratory work experiences and some practical skills in analytical or mechanical testing methods and standards.
- Accurately perform tasks and do proper documention.
- Clear ability to work organized and carrying out tasks with focus on results and quality.
- Strong team player and a good ability to cooperate with others.
- Flexibility and ability to switch between different type of tasks.
- Strong Swedish and English communication skills (both in writing and verbally).
- Use of Excel and Word in the daily work.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm.
By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world
Last date to apply is October 25, 2016. Recruiting will start immediately and be ongoing during this time.
This is a permanent position based in Nacka and you will report directly to Erik
For further information about the role please contact Erik Thyboll Pettersson, tel +46 70 964 57 12
For information about the recruitment process please contact Talent Resourcing Partner Maria Näsén tel: +46 70 556 25 24
For union related questions please contact Joanna Fare (Sveriges Ingenjörer/Akademikerklubben) tel: 070 964 56 98
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
Welcome with your application!