Simris Alg is a pioneering agribusiness in Southern Sweden. Their mission as algae farmers is to empower healthy and planet-friendly lifestyles, by delivering superior algae-based products. The company main focus is Simris® Algae Omega-3, a plant-based, ethical and premium alternative to fish oil. Simris has received numerous awards for branding and communication, entrepreneurship, engineering excellence, and environmental sustainability. Simris Alg is a public company listed on the Nasdaq First North stock market.
Nigel Wright on behalf of Simris Alg is now looking for an experienced Operations Director
for the Headquarters and Algae Farm in Hammenhög, Österlen.The role
As Operations Director, you report directly to the CEO and are part of the Executive team.
Simris Alg is looking for a seasoned professional with extensive managerial experience in supply chain, lean production and expansion projects, preferably from the FMCO industry.
You will play a key role in shaping and growing the Farming, Supply Chain and Operations team based in Hammenhög.
We expect you to be super excited about being part of growing one of Sweden's most promising tech companies into a global success. This is a unique opportunity to combine an exciting executive career with unsurpassed quality of life in the famous Österlen region.Reponsiblities
You will be part of the Executive management team with full budget responsibility, reporting directly to the CEO.
Heading an ambitious and growing team of nine (and growing), you will manage, develop and secure all aspects of our operations at the algae farm:
- Efficient operation in the algae farm and laboratory
- Improvement of existing production processes with focus on yields, efficiency, quality and safety
- Long term capacity planning and development
- Implementation of lean production and management
- Outsourced processes for Simris® Algae Omega 3 products
- Total supply chain for Simris® Select products, incl. sourcing of suitable suppliers
- Optimisation of current Quality management systems, according to need and applicable certification(s)
- Manage, control and follow up required product analyses to secure quality and enable continuous improvements
- Keeping Simris up to date regarding regulations in domestic & international target markets
- Coordination of major projects within supply chain and production, including expansion and development of production capacity
- Facilities management including maintenance
- Participate in product development projects together with the commercial organisation
- Support Finance & Administration with issues related to inventory and assets
Working with Simris Alg means being a true pioneer, dedicated to build and grow a new, green industry and one of tomorrow's strongest lifestyle brands. We are looking for you with a strong interest in new green technology, and a true leader with great management skills.
We are open to local and international candidates who have a relevant background with extensive experience, and would love to contribute to Simris Alg growth and further consolidation in the local and International market.