Akzo Nobel Functional Chemicals consists of a large number of diverse activities that produce a variety of chemical raw materials, performance chemicals and consumer products. Our factories are located worldwide and produce among other cellulose derivatives, chelates, ethylene amines, micronutrients, organic peroxides and salt. There are chemicals that can be used for example in detergents, vinyl, auto parts, agricultural products, pharmaceuticals, food, wallpaper adhesives, plastic bags and cosmetics.
When one of our employees has gone on to other challenges within our company, we are seeking those who want to assume the role of head of maintenance.Main duties and responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager for Akzo Nobel Functional Chemicals AB, based in Kvarntorp. As a maintenance manager you are part of the site's management team and has overall responsibility for the maintenance disciplines of electrical and instrumentation, mechanical and control.
- Responsible for the technical maintenance of the facility, both short and long term
- Set goals and measure maintenance performance
- Coach and develop maintenance staff and be responsible for results
- Responsible for the development of the department's annual budget, follow up development versus budget and take measures to achieve agreed outcomes
- Responsible for the overall coordination, scheduling and resource planning between maintenance disciplines, mechanical, E/I and control, among themselves and towards production to achieve efficiency and technical availability
- Develop, communicate and maintain the schedule of the maintanen-activities, and monitor and follow up the schema compliance and reporting results
- Personnel responsible for maintenance personnel according to the organization chart and thus the safety responsibilities of subordinate staff
- Project manager for major projects, installation responsibility
- Responsible for safety and the environment, even for entrepreneurs
- Responsible for the ongoing supervision
- College or engineering degree, for example in chemical engineering / mechanical engineering or alternatively equivalent work experience in maintenance
- You have worked as a proven leader, preferably with experience from maintenance and work on standardization of processesAdditional experience from previous work leading roles is qualifying
- Good knowledge and great interest in the work on Leadership, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Fluency in English and Swedish, both in speech and writing
To be successful in this role you must be strong initiative and have hunger to solve problems and to seek improvement and development. You have an ability to lead and coach staff. You are not afraid to make decisions, and you can view and create a whole image to drive the business forward.
You live up to and are motivated by our values: customer focus, meeting our commitments, the passion to be the best and work in teams.What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded. We use ongoing advertisement and the job can be filled during the publishing period. You apply here:
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Adis Redzovic Site Manager, phone +4619585437 or Mickael Toivola: 4619585432
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Hugo Jobring, Talent Resourcing Partner, email@example.comFor unions related questions:
Sveriges Ingenjörer: 031-20 60 85, Ledarna: 020-20 99 08More about the business
Akzo Nobel Functional Chemicals AB in Kvarntorp in Kumla produces chelating agents and micronutrients with iron, which is given to crops on soils with high pH values. We produce two types of chemicals, and chelating agents, which are primarily sold to the paper industry, and partly micronutrients, which are sold worldwide. On both products, we are the largest producer in the world. Chelating agents are chemicals which are used by the paper industry in connection with peroxide bleaching of pulp, chelating agent binds up the metal ions in the pulp to reduce the consumption of bleaching chemicals in the bleaching stage. Micronutrients enable plants to absorb trace elements and the way you get a healthier plant that provides greater fruit harvest.