Are you an analytical and detail oriented person, passionate about processes and continuous improvements? Do you also have good communicative skills and a background within Industry? Then you might be our next Regional Demand Manager.
We are now looking for a Regional Demand Manager to the Business Unit of Wood Coatings within AkzoNobel. This position can be based in Malmö, Sweden or Hilden, Germany. You will report to the Regional Business Director.
As Regional Demand Manager you will be covering the EMEA Region where you have an important role between Sales and Supply Chain, to make sure that we balance our production and overall supply chain capacity to meet our customers demand. One key objective is to continuously improve the demand forecast accuracy. As a member of the Regional SMU Management Team, you contribute to strategic questions as well as developing, establishes and maintaining of forecast models. This is a role in development, meaning you must be willing to take on and proceed the developing, but which also gives you great possibilities to affect and form it.
This position includes travelling for about 20% of your worktime, mostly in central/eastern of Europe.Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the forecasting process and to improve forecasting accuracy
- Lead for the overall IBP (Integrated Business Planning) process within the region
- Develop demand forecasts, operational and financial
- Prepare and facilitate the Demand Review, receiving inputs / providing outputs required by the IBP process
- Gather and validate data relation to volumes, revenues and gross margin with the purpose to further improve forecasting accuracy
- Coordinate and communicate customer action plans with and provides input to the Operations organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new production and product phase outs
- Interact with sales and marketing to understand demand forecast drivers
- Drive the weekly Demand Control meetings with the Supply Chain counterparts for each location
- Get the right persons in the weekly Demand Control meeting to solve the issues at hand
- Relevant educational background within Supply Chain Management/Logistics or corresponding education within Economy or Engineering
- 3-5 years working experience within demand planning or other relevant functions within supply chain
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Good skills in Excel
- Experience working with SAP is an advantage
For this position we are looking for a good communicator with experience of taking a lead. To be successful in this role you must have an interest in working with processes and continuously improve them. As a person you are analytic and detail focused, but at the same time have the ability to see things in a long term perspective and look ahead for what is up coming. You will have many cross functional contacts and the role demands a significant level of independence.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Regional Business Director EMEA and based in Malmö, Sweden or Hilden, Germany.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Thierry Paulhan, Regional Business Director EMEA, phone +49 173 328 81 06.
For information about the recruitment process please contact Patrik Hassel, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 703 50 17 99.
For unions related questions:
Unionen: Christine Lindhe +46 40 35 53 21
Sveriges Ingenjörer och Akademikerna: Per-Ola Löfgren +46 708 84 53 48
Ledarna: Boris Parezanovic +46 708 35 52 55
"We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment
More about the business
AkzoNobel Performance Coatings, Wood Coatings, is the leading global supplier of wood finishes products. Using the latest innovations, we bring our customers formulations that are better for the environment, but still meet their highest standards for looks and durability. Global innovation and local customization backed up with outstanding customer support and service. It's no small wonder that our finishes protect and beautify more wood products than any other company in the world.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.