Do you have 2-5 years of experience from the FMCG industry and a passion for shopper understanding and store strategies and tactics? Are you analytical, excited to see sales grow and eager to contribute with your solutions to a problem? Then you might be our new colleague!After the integration of Wrigley into Mars in Europe, Mars Nordics is now looking for a Category Manager Confectionery Manager Sweden for placement in Copenhagen.Job responsibilities
Your main purpose is to create sustainable category growth and to position Mars as preferred strategic partner to our customers.
The focus will be on delivering category management processes in line with Mars Nordics’ strategies and growth ambitions in close co-operation with Nordic Business Team, local management and sales team.
Some of our great brands within confectionery is M&M’s®, Snickers®, Mars®, Milky Way®, Twix®, Extra® Skittles®, Orbit®, Juicy Fruit®, 5™, Hubbabubba®.
With the role, you will for example:
- With own drive and agenda, develop short and long term category strategies to secure growth within Confectionery
- Ensure in-depth understanding of current retail environment using Channel strategy, P&L knowledge etc.
- Analyse and evaluate Confectionery performance in order to proactively initiate actions, both internally and externally
- Involved in product launch optimization using shopper behavior and category principles, develop clear recommendations on in-store placement and availability to support all launches and activity
- Develop tools and bringing sales and marketing up to a level of independence through education
- Responsible for shopper research and necessary level of retail data for decision making
Expected travel days are estimated to 30 days per year. You will report to Nordic Confectionery Category Management Lead.Qualifications
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics or equivalent
- 2-5 years of FMCG experience (sales, marketing or purchasing/procurement)
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to details
- Self-drive and result orientation which makes you able to leverage insights and turn them into actions
- Team player and co-operation skills
- Enthusiastic and communicative personality which helps you engage and sell ideas to both clients and colleagues
With Mars you get the best of both worlds - the feeling of being a part of the team in a local unit at the same time as you are part of one of the largest privately owned companies in the world. Mars is a work place with a dynamic and informal culture, but with clear principles which have guided us to success for many years.
We can offer a fantastic portfolio of brands, many of them market leaders.Conditions
This is a full time position starting as soon as possible.
The position is placed at Mars Nordics office in Ørestad (just minutes outside the centre of Copenhagen and 25 minutes from Malmö C).Application
You apply by clicking on "Sök tjänst" and adding your CV and cover letter. Please note, we do not accept applications via e-mail.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible though no later than 25th of October 2016.
For specific questions regarding the position, please contact Björn Gummesson at Bjorn.Gummesson@effem.com.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Jonna Warnerbring at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46707956090.About Mars Danmark A/SMars Denmark A/S is a subsidiary of Mars Incorporated (Inc), one of the world´s largest privately owned companies. Mars Denmark is selling and distributing a range of well-known brands such as: MARS®, M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, WHISKAS®, PEDIGREE®, UNCLE BEN’S® and DOLMIO®.
Mars Denmark is a part of Mars Nordics unit with associates across the four categories Chocolate, Confections, Petcare and Food. Our Nordic offices are located in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki.About Mars, IncorporatedIn 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars’ first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of creating a “mutuality of benefits for all stakeholders” - this objective serves as the foundation of Mars, Incorporated today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Confections, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 80,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.Mars brands include: Petcare - PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate - M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Confections - DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food - UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks - ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience - COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.For more information, please visit www.mars.com.Follow us:www.facebook.com/Marshttps://twitter.com/Marsglobalhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/one-mars-group