Nigel Wright is looking for a highly motivated Bid Manager to manage the commercial activities of Zumtobel Group required to complete successful tenders for the supply of lighting solutions. Tenders will include those having non-standard terms and conditions, are of a complex nature or have been strategically identified to be handled by the Bid Team.
The purpose of the job is to develop and grow the Nordic and Baltic business, and will include a need to travel throughout the region. You will be based in Malmö, and report to Group Services Director Northern Europe.
About Zumtobel Group
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. Zumtobel Group offer you a well reputed company, great products and a stimulating and challenging mission. Your passion for lighting and solutions in combination with the group's ambition to be best in the industry can open up great opportunities for the right talent.
Areas of responsibility
In this role you will be responsible for managing all bid activities as well as be responsible for a Bid Coordinator and Bid Writer.
- Managing the bidding activities required to complete successful bids for the supply of lighting solutions, including those where installation forms part of the offer.
- Preparing and submitting bid documents.
- Will involve using various tendering frameworks.
- Liaising with the sales, project and account management teams throughout the bidding processes.
- Ensuring the Bid Strategy for any project is fully communicated to all stakeholders involved in any bid including management as required prior to Bid submission.
- Working with the Group Services Director and Sales Directors to help identify suitable formal tender opportunities and qualify using a Bid/ No Bid process.
- Qualifying and prioritising appointed bids and formulating a strategy for response within the project timescales.
- Identifying the level of required bid activity and resource (internal & external) required for each opportunity and implementing a bid plan to incorporate this. This could also involve early engagement with the sales force and customers ahead of any formal tender being received into the Bid Team.
- Identifying, quantifying and managing technical and contractual obligations and commercial risks on formal tender opportunities.
- Adopting a commercial and professional approach to the tender submission process and to all communications with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing high level commercial and technical response to ensure the customer's requirements are met whilst taking a lead role in commercial decisions.
- Leading handover meetings for secured opportunities to ensure the Business is fully briefed to deliver the project right first time.
We believe that you have a Consultancy or Contracting role background or similar. To be successful in this role you need to have a recognized project management training course and a degree or HND in business, construction or building services.
- Team player
- Relations person/Socially driven
- Self-motivated and passionate for lighting and lighting solutions
- Creative and ambitious
- Result orientated/target driven
- Commercial understanding
- Communication skills
- Understand and actively act on regional specification sector drivers and opportunities in order to deploy strategies and tactics to achieve profitable growth.