Projects & Engineering is AkzoNobel´s centre of excellence that delivers investment projects and optimizes HSE&S and eco-efficiency performance which secures business value for AkzoNobel and external customers.
We now have an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer who will conduct the conceptual design, development, cost estimation and optimization of industrial electrical installations and systems.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will work in a multidisciplinary project team. Within the projects, you will be responsible for taking the lead in your own discipline from design, procurement and construction. You will also support with your expertise at commissioning and start-up of industrial electrical installations and systems.
Within the team you will have the opportunity to build further your career in an exciting and dynamic environment and you will be supported by your colleagues.Main responsibilities
Job requirements / Candidate profile
- Participate in large projects and lead sub projects within own discipline
- Manage technical evaluation of quotations and supports sourcing in contract conditions and negotiations
- Perform cost estimation of equipment, engineering, construction and start-up in studies and pre-projects
- Performs design engineering including technical calculations, sizing and designing of electrical equipment and preparation of functional descriptions of electrical installations and systems. The responsibility includes electrical installations and systems within complex and hazardous production processes.
- Responsible for partly new design using new technology and RD&I data in terms of basic of design, maintenance requirements, commissioning and start up.
- Support at commissioning and start-up of plants as Senior Design Engineer for your discipline.
- Documents activities performed on design engineering work including documentation to customer.
- Performs technical service and trouble shooting and propose improvements to customer.
- Keep a relevant expertise level and share the knowledge in the company as well as coach other employees in the area of expertise.
- Identifies opportunities, initiates, formulates, decides and implements on improvements in design engineering related work processes and other relevant disciplines.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- BSc or preferably MSc in Electrical Power Engineering
- Experience from chemical plant projects, R&D or manufacturing.
- At least 10 years of experience with relevant design engineering and projects, start up and commissioning of plants.
- Thorough knowledge in design of electrical industrial installations with experience in designing high voltage electrical infrastructures.
- Knowledge and experiences in designing and installing Transformer Rectifier Installations is a plus.
- Able to provide expert advice in electrical engineering, acting as the interface in between Projects & Engineering, customers and stakeholders.
- Results oriented, adaptable and analytical.
- Ability to cooperate and coach others.
- Good knowledge in English and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally, together with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Teamleader Electrical Engineering at Projects & Engineering and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Karla da Costa Ribeiro, Teamleader Electrical Engineering, on +31 88 969 2243.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Kristina Nygren, Talent Resourcing Partner, on +46 31 58 74 77.
For unions related questions, please contact:
Unionen: Helene Rosenlund, phone +46 31 58 71 86
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.