We have an immediate opening for a Laboratory Engineer within RD&I Chemical Analysis in Bohus.
Chemical Analysis is a central resource within AkzoNobel PPC. The department is performing analysis of raw material, products and environmental samples for the producing units in AkzoNobel PPC. We take part in research and development projects, market support, trouble shooting and development of new analytical methods. 25 people are working at the department, mainly within the competence areas of wet chemistry, spectroscopy and chromatography.
As a Laboratory Engineer you will perform chemical analysis on a daily basis and take care of instruments and trouble shooting in our Wet Chemistry group. You will get a large network within the organization and have the opportunity to work with interesting chemistry issues in a good team.Main responsibilities
- Perform and report high quality chemical analytical work
- Instrument and analytical method responsibilities
- Secure that lab equipment is used, maintained and calibrated in a correct way in our analytical lab and in process control laboratories at the Bohus site
- Train new employees within the own field of work
- Follow the quality requirements from Swedac (ISO 17025) and GMP standards/guidelines
- Customer contacts with internal customer
- Technical high-school, relevant vocational education or similar
- Relevant experience from laboratory work
- Preferably experience from wet chemistry analysis such as environmental analysis, titrations, nitrogen analysis and TOC
- Results oriented with a good ability to cooperate
- Ability to network within the organization
- Good skills in Swedish and English
To be successful in this position you should be results oriented, methodical and used to working with deadlines. Interpersonal skills are of high importance and we are looking for someone who is positive and driven with a quality driven mind set.What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally, together with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm.
By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Group Head Wet Chemistry and based in Bohus, Sweden.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific CV and application letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Magnus Gunnarsson, Group Head Wet Chemistry, on +46 31 58 76 17.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Kristina Nygren, Talent Resourcing Partner, on +46 31 58 74 77.
For unions related questions, please contact
Akademikerklubben: Luba Nilsson +46 31 58 75 09
Unionen: Helene Rosenlund, phone +46 31 58 71 86More about the business
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals (formerly Eka Chemicals) is a business unit within AkzoNobel. We are a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, paper chemicals, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres and trade under brand names of Eka, Expancel, Kromasil, Bindzil, Cembinder, Levasil and Bevasil. Our 2,400 employees serve the pulp and paper and other industries in 35 countries.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.